IRON MAIDEN ALBUM RANKING: TOP THREE REVEALED

I like this album. I don't love it. There's too many parts I really find bland. But I have nice nostalgic feelings for Lightning Strikes Twice, Futureal and The Clansman are quite damn good songs, I enjoy while not loving The Angel and the Gambler, and I quite like When Two Worlds Collide and I can't understand why people don't think it's at least a decent track. I think Fear of the Dark, at least, is a worse album.

Then again, I also hear the challenges people have, specifically around the drumming. I think it's fair to say that Nicko wasn't very interested here, and it's long been suggested that he was displeased with Blaze for a long time. As always, I like Blaze's voice enough in most cases to enjoy his vocals. Some of the leads are a little lackluster. It's not Maiden at its best. Thankfully, the next album would be Maiden at its best.

and I quite like When Two Worlds Collide and I can't understand why people don't think it's at least a decent track.
Me too.
It's not Maiden at its best. Thankfully, the next album would be Maiden at its best.
Yep.
As always, I like Blaze's voice enough in most cases to enjoy his vocals. Some of the leads are a little lackluster.
I've never had problems with Blaze's voice in the studio.
Agreed! FOTD has lower lows than VXI.
The weakest songs on both Blaze albums are better than the weakest songs on the two 90's albums with Bruce imo.
And The Clansman is better than the best FOTD track.
Clansman is a great classic, but I wouldn't say so. The best songs on FOTD are really strong. Sometimes a shorter song can win over an epic.

The weakest songs on both Blaze albums are better than the weakest songs on the two 90's albums with Bruce imo.
I´d go even further.
The weakest songs on both Blaze albums are better than the weakest songs on the reunion albums.

I´d go even further.
The weakest songs on both Blaze albums are better than the weakest songs on the reunion albums.
Well, that's easy. The weakest Blaze song is Look For The Truth; the weakest reunion song is the astronomical turd Speed Of Light. The former is obviously leagues ahead, so the statement checks out!

Last edited:
Well, that's easy. The weakest Blaze song is Look For The Truth; the weakest reunion album the astronomical turd Speed Of Light. The former is obviously leagues ahead, so the statement checks out!
“Look For The Truth” is in my bottom 3 Maiden songs of all time, and “Speed Of Light” is nowhere near that ballpark whatsoever.

“Look For The Truth” is in my bottom 3 Maiden songs of all time, and “Speed Of Light” is nowhere near that ballpark whatsoever.
I really think the two of us must be some kind of twins from different dimensions or something :D
Speed Of Light, together with Total Eclipse and Sun & Steel are the three single worst songs Maiden have ever written in my opinion.

@Mosh, I updated your thread title to make it clear you dropped 16. I forget to do this so often with GMSC/GMAC stuff and I know you're travelling.

“The Educated Fool” and “Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger”.
Hold on, I had to check my notes again and this would actually be “The Educated Fool” and “Weekend Warrior”. Apologies.

“Drifter”, “Purgatory”, “I Live My Way” —easily the worst things Maiden ever recorded. “Speed of Light” and “Weekend Warrior” are lightyears ahead of those three; “Look for the Truth”, “Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger”, and “Total Eclipse” are also way stronger. “The Educated Fool” and “Sun and Steel” rank low for me too though.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and say that The Educated Fool is one of their best songs and certainly top 3 from the Blaze era. As for the worst 3 songs...

1. The Angel and The Gambler
2. Prodigal Son
3. The Man of Sorrows

the weakest reunion album the astronomical turd Speed Of Light.
giphy.gif

All of the songs listed so far are not my ''least'' favorite Maiden songs. That's a difficult task, but if I have to point out 3 songs, maybe:

Invaders
Hooks In You
The Apparition

Back