1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden 2018 album/tour rumours

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by matic22, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Zeppelin88

Zeppelin88 Trooper

What song a your referring to?

2. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Blood Brothers, probably.

TheTalisman likes this.
  3. matic22

Also AFAIK the TBOS tour set was, for the first time, choosen mainly by Bruce and not Steve, who stated that it's better for the singer to choose songs he'd like to sing at this stage of their career. If they continue like that, I doubt that Bruce will choose any Blaze songs (apart from The Clansman) to sing.

I'd say that there is higher chance of them playing Killers (one of Bruce's favourite Maiden songs that he didn't sing on), than any song from Blaze period that isn't Clansman.

4. Maiden4Ever

Maiden4Ever Trooper

I don't understand why it would be commercial suicide? I'm sure there are fans in NA that would love to hear songs off NPFTD and FOTD? The band could breathe new life into them. I think the band focus too much on the commercial side. Im fed up with them trying to flog me another maiden beer. Freshen up the set list and I'll happily sup on another Trooper beer.

5. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

That's *very* attractive.:yes:

6. matic22

*Lawsuit incoming...*

[​IMG]

:p

7. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

Marshall stacks are so thrash metal.....

8. Frank666

Frank666 Prowler

Yeah, but see Maiden with the wall of Marshalls is my secret dreams, even if that would never happens

9. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Am I jumping the gun Baldrick, or are the words "I have a 90s nostalgia tour setlist" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? ;)

Maiden4Ever likes this.
  10. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

11. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Bruce has been choosing what songs they play (in collaboration with Steve) for quite some time now and we probably have to thank him for bringing songs like Revelations back to the setlist as far as 2003.

12. Maiden4Ever

Maiden4Ever Trooper

[QUOTE
    Who is to blame for wrathchild them?

13. Ruflux

Ruflux Nomad

Honestly, I'd bet it's 50/50 between Bruce and Steve. It's not too hard of a song to sing, it goes down decently well live, it's short and simple and the band can probably play it with basically no practice at all at this point.

14. Maiden4Ever

Maiden4Ever Trooper

Haha I think the band select songs that generally require as little practice as possible. I know lots of us on here use wrathchild to vent our frustration with setlists but in its defence it is a cool song. However I will be disappointed if it creeps into the next tour lol.

15. GhostofCain

Steve and Dave, as they are the members sued by McKay and this meant Hallowed being dropped at the very last minute and it being replaced with Wrathchild. ;)

16. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

why Dave? He didn't have any part in that song, did he?

17. Manofsorrows

Manofsorrows I know what i want

For me it's hard to believe. The last tour he struggled a lot with children and red and the black, but he pulled out in a excelent form songs like TBOS and HBTN

18. GhostofCain

Believe what you want; Bruce chose the setlist and has been having a big say on everything for many years now. As far as I am concerned, he was singing Children of the Damned way better than 30 years ago.

Manofsorrows likes this.
  19. GhostofCain

No, but he probably does not want McKay to take any money away from him (he is being sued too as he co-plagiarised The Nomad). By the way, my comment was tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Wayne Bond likes this.
  20. Manofsorrows

Manofsorrows I know what i want

Only the second night, the first he struggled with some songs and still the old man sounds amazing