Iron Maiden 1st time in countries + the states (of America)

In Which U.S. state(s) have you seen Iron Maiden?

• Total voters
Iron Maiden Book of Souls tour 2017!!!

Barrow, AK
Anchorage, AK
Bellingham, WA
Eugene, OR
Boise, ID
Billings, MT
Jackson Hole, WY
Sioux Falls, SD
Naples (either in Italy, or Florida. I'm not really in on the joke)

And no UK dates :p

Wilmington is the largest city in Delaware and it is only a 19 minute train journey from downtown to central Philadelphia which also means it's about a 2 minute flight on Ed Force One. The band could do a daytime matinee in Wilmington and have a dozen Trooper Ales before performing in Philly the same evening.

Maryland, 1987. But I have seen Maiden on three continents...Australia, Europe and North America.

Wilmington is the largest city in Delaware and it is only a 19 minute train journey from downtown to central Philadelphia which also means it's about a 2 minute flight on Ed Force One. The band could do a daytime matinee in Wilmington and have a dozen Trooper Ales before performing in Philly the same evening.

Maryland, 1987. But I have seen Maiden on three continents...Australia, Europe and North America.
Landover or Baltimore?

In other words: have you seen Sea of Madness or not?!

Landover or Baltimore?

In other words: have you seen Sea of Madness or not?!

Landover so no Sea of Madness, it stills hurts me to this day. When the backdrop of the the ship appeared I thought they were going to play Alexander The Great but I was actually relieved it was for Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Wish it was Alex now.

Huh. Landover did have Sea of Madness in the setlist, and Baltimore did not, according to some sources on the net. Maiden played Sea of Madness in the beginning of the North American leg and then dropped it.

EDIT:
Wait a minute!! I just found out about some annoying inconsistencies on the Maiden Commentary. The setlists of the first two gigs from North America do list Sea of Madness, but the pictures (back covers) do not! Hmm, looks like this song was dropped in the Atlantic when they crossed it ....

Last edited:
It's called The Grinder and it is currently on Fox. :D

Collin's on point. These states have little to no metal scene, but they also have far fewer people in general - Idaho has 1.6 million people, Montana just over 1 million people in the whole state! Comparatively, the city of Chicago has upwards of 2.7 million people, New York has 8.4 million, and the greater Los Angeles area has 18.5 million people! Even if the metal scene isn't massive in those places, you're still pretty much guaranteed to sell more tickets.
Houston has 2.2 million people in Texas (the 2nd most populous state in US) and yet Texas was skipped on AMOLAD and TBOS tours. So it is not just about population as much as finding a promoter (I would assume...don't know that much about the insides of the music biz).

Houston has 2.2 million people in Texas (the 2nd most populous state in US) and yet Texas was skipped on AMOLAD and TBOS tours. So it is not just about population as much as finding a promoter (I would assume...don't know that much about the insides of the music biz).

Oh, it's about a lot more than just population for sure (travel plans, best deals with venues, previous ticket sales in the region, etc), but I think places with a very small population are far less likely to see a big concert swing through their town.

Oh, it's about a lot more than just population for sure (travel plans, best deals with venues, previous ticket sales in the region, etc), but I think places with a very small population are far less likely to see a big concert swing through their town.
Definitely true. The city where I live Spokane, WA has a small population (300,000) compared to other cities. The biggest concerts we had in the last few years were Kiss and the Eagles. This city has a big metal scene too. If Maiden were to come here then they would Definitely sell out our Arena which seats about 13,500.

Hmm. Apart from the obvious Nevada (hence the recent meet), there's no state with more than two different people.

Makes sense, the US forum members are a bit spread out geographically.

I'm surprised there aren't more votes for California. Maybe you'll see more there (and perhaps Colorado) after this year.

My knowledge of Montana comes mostly from those 90's Robert Redford movies, however judging from that, that's definitely no state for a Maiden concert. :D

However, I keep wondering why no Delaware, New Hampshire and Vermont? I never though these were somehow "middle of nowhere" or whatever...

They're not, but it's easy to travel to Boston or New York from those states, so there's no need to visit all of them.

I was a bit surprised they skipped Texas at all this tour ... on ME they did Dallas, Houston, San Antonio the first leg and then Austin the 3rd leg. TFF they did the Houston, San Antonio, Dallas run as well. Pretty sure San Antonio will be swapped for Austin in the future as there is a nice new venue in Austin (which is only a 40 minute drive tops from San Antonio anyway)

But, given how few US shows they did this tour, a lot of big places would be bound to be missed

.. and you guys missed the best one .. Scream for me Bismark!

Check the opening post for all countries Maiden has visited, plus dates (from 1st time visit)!

@Niall Kielt it took Maiden fourteen years (1990!) to play in Northern Ireland.

Last edited:
Damn, Ireland as well indeed (I overlooked it and thought they would have been earlier than 1990)!

I know, it seems crazy given the proximity between mainland UK and Ireland. One can only assume they were afraid of the bombs an shit!

Seems even more crazy how long then took to get round to some South American countries, given the special relationship they seem to have there now, like 2008 before they hit Columbia!

Back