Iron Maiden 1st time in countries + the states (of America)

In Which U.S. state(s) have you seen Iron Maiden?

• Total voters
A new country! For the first time, Maiden will play in the Ukraine!

Absolutely bonkers. Such a big country. Better late than never.

I believe these are Euro countries (micro/dependent excluded) that Maiden didn't visit yet : Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania and. Malta

From that list, Dickinson spoke about playing in Malta.

Also a comparison with Metallica - they've played 2 gigs in Latvia and 1 gig in Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe these are Euro countries (micro/dependent excluded) that Maiden didn't visit yet : Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania
Iron Maiden are older than all those countries* apart from Albania.

In fact, when Janick Gers joined Iron Maiden, only Albania existed as an independent country.

*One of those is still not a country :D

Montenegro has been independent before association with Yugoslavia.

Updated, see first post. I added Maiden's 63rd country: Latvia.

And there's a new US state coming up! The first since 1987 (35 years ago)!
If all goes well, this will be South Dakota (attempted for No Prayer on the Road Tour: Arena, Sioux Falls, 28 February 1991: cancelled).

Hey, the first post contains mistake.

The first Maiden show in Finland was exactly on that date Finland: 19/07/1980 - Ishallen, Helsinki
but the venue was definitely not Ishallen, Helsinki.
The correct venue is: Kuusrock, Oulu

So, this is what it should look like:
Finland: 19/07/1980 Kuusrock, Oulu

Cheers PhantomOfTheOpera. Corrected!
No problem and glad to help a bit here. I just somehow stumbled to this area (after a while) and noticed that date.
Anyways, now Im reading a book about international heavy bands shows in Finland (during the 80's), with some recollections of the fans and journalists and etc trivia and pics:
Scream-for-me-Finland-kansi-500x762-1[1].jpg

Does anybody here by the way know, how much did Maiden get payment for gig back in the early days or tours?
In the book, there's little interviews and comments from the Kuusrock-organizers (where Maiden played their first show in Finland 1980) and the payment was back then 40000 Finnish marks, would be with straight conversion ~ €6727,5 or £5718,38 or $7131,16. Forget about those numbers!
I have to revalue that 40000 Finnish marks to € (value of 2021 for example) and so it's around €20 849,27, £18 020.09 or $21 748.37

Last edited:
I think those numbers are off. Historical data tells us that on July 19, 1980, the conversion rate for FLM to USD was 3.6 per dollar, which means there were $11,111.11 USD. Inflation moves that to $39,413.85 USD today. Approximately.

Which is pretty good for an evening's work.

I was once told between beers that a guy wanted to organise a festival in 2000 and book Maiden for the event. They reportedly demanded 250,000 Deutschmarks, which would roughly be equivalent of 125,000 €. I don't know through how many hands that story went and how many beers changed it, though.

I was once told between beers that a guy wanted to organise a festival in 2000 and book Maiden for the event. They reportedly demanded 250,000 Deutschmarks, which would roughly be equivalent of 125,000 €. I don't know through how many hands that story went and how many beers changed it, though.

I remember the figure quoted for them to appear on Ozfest was 185,000 a night, I presume that was dollars but can't remember, and that was considered a considerable cut from their usual rate.

I think those numbers are off. Historical data tells us that on July 19, 1980, the conversion rate for FLM to USD was 3.6 per dollar, which means there were $11,111.11 USD. Inflation moves that to $39,413.85 USD today. Approximately.

Which is pretty good for an evening's work.
Yep, might be off. I didn't calculate any of them just used some website to get the current values.

Back