Invaders

How good is Invaders on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Invaders' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'invaders'

Maiden at its best. From the starting drum roll to the main riff at the begin and into the verse, this song kills me before i die!!! Love the vocal line at the verse of the song. The best on all maiden songs. I would even rate the song better than Wicker man.

Now who is the guy who vote 3 stars!!!!

'invaders'

[!--QuoteBegin-Wrathchild666+Apr 26 2004, 08:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wrathchild666 @ Apr 26 2004, 08:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Now who is the guy who vote 3 stars!!!! [/quote]
That's me! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'invaders'

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Apr 26 2004, 04:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Apr 26 2004, 04:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] That's me!  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Haha [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] can you post why?? [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'invaders'

Wasn't the commentary explanatory enough? That's where I usually post my opinions about the songs [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, it's a good song, excellent by Metal standards, but pretty average for Maiden. There's hardly any solo and it just doesn't talk to me that much. Besides, I can't give 5 stars to ALL Maiden songs! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'invaders'

The problem with Invaders is that it's a remake of an older song, which was designed for Paul (or even pre-Paul) vocals. The short, quick style of singing really doesn't fit Bruce in this period (although he does manage to make his vocals hammer it down 21 years after this song in Age of Innocence). I like the song, though. I just think it'd sound better with Paul on vocals.

'invaders'

i gave this a 4, fast, great lyrics, and listen to that bass
I just wished there was a better Chorus, and that the song was longer.. I don't like short maiden songs but they're rare to find [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'invaders'

A good opener for a great album, but somewhat short and lacking the extra special ingredient to make it a memorable classic.

'invaders'

Totally agree Uwe! Not a bad song, but doesn't have an "extra feature" to be a classic. And yes, this song could be better with a little thrashier, more punk sound, and with Mr. Di Anno vocals. I'm curious, how would Bruce sing this song today, with the extra skills he gained in the past years.

'invaders'

I can't help but laugh about the chorus "INVADERS" *dideldideldee*
it sounds soooooooooo cheesy!! Anyway, the song is still great! Just don't take it to serious - a good opener too. But not up to the standard of the rest of the album. 3,5!

'invaders'

I like this song, but I still understand that Steve wasn´t happy with it... It´s nothing compared to the rest of the songs he wrote for The Number Of The Beast album.

'invaders'

3.5/5. I like this song, but compared to Children of the Damned, Prisoner, Number of the Beast, and Hallowed Be Thy Name, it's really not that good. Still fun to listen to, tho. The chorus is catchy.

Daily Song: Invaders

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Invaders

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

A decent rocker, but nothing terribly special. I like it, but not so much. 6/10.

Re: Daily Song: Invaders

The intro drums and riffs are riveting, like how "Aces High" opens up Powerslave, but it goes downhill from there. The pre-chorus and chorus are largely uninteresting and borders on cheesy for me. My least favorite song on the album after "Gangland".

It's one of them songs that has really grown on me over time. I almost cringed the first few times I heard it, just the way Bruce sings 'Invaders' very high. Anyway, a good powerful opening track on my fav album so 8/10.

This song deserves more respect than it generally gets. Think of where it fits in the discography: it’s the first thing you hear after the ghoulish glory that was Killers; could the new guy touch the cool, punked-out Di’Anno? The answer is a defiant declaration of an intro, followed by what sounds like the voice of Odin roaring about severed limbs, fatal woundings and bloody corpses. This song crashes along with an intensity that has been rarely matched since. Unfortunately, its fury tends to be quickly forgotten in the glory of what follows. Yeah, the chorus is relatively weak. But it’s an excellent bridge between the eras, an unpolished and neglected gem. And a full-on eight.

I'm a bit torn on this one. I agree it's nothing special, and I'm not a big fan of the chorus, but I love the second riff (the one that kicks in after the intro riff). Like Gangland, I believe this would have grown a lot live. 6/10.

A fairly decent song - but this is one of the weaker tracks on "The Beast". 6/10

The best part of this song is the bass line during the verses. Great stuff. The chorus is weak by Maiden standards. 6/10 - it would have been a 7 with a better chorus.

Back