If you could have one superpower...

Wasted CLV said:
I love that!!  The power of Karma... outstanding!

The best part are his moves. He's kinda like a wrestler, he uses melee attacks mostly. They have stereotypically American names like "State of the Union Slam" "Patton Tank Punch" "General Lee Knee". But his special is when he jumps down from above and punches his enemy in the head. He calls it the Sunday Morning Surprise - the Hiroshima Drop.

Woah! I Just found out something!

Instant Teleportation = Backstage meeting with Maidens = Shaking Bruce Dickinson's hand = Dying a happy man

Freezing time is probably the best. But at this point in my life I would probably choose this...
Onhell said:
the ability to learn and understand things practically at will...
...I would never have to learn again :)

OK, so I wanna know-- Reed Richards obviously has a super power to stretch, but its his brain that gave him that, and he has got to be the smartest man in the Marvel universe-- is that a super power?  Dude is smarter than hell, thats a pretty cool power.

I think that he is a "regular" genius, and the whole radiation thing gave him his stretching powers.

I'd want the power to go back in time and change things without causing any form of paradox. Basically, I want to save several people from things that just should not have happened.

Metalheadlady said:
I'd want the power to go back in time and change things without causing any form of paradox. Basically, I want to save several people from things that just should not have happened.

That's a noble intention, but one with dire consequences. People don't grow and learn from happy lives. People form character through struggles and pain, overcoming those are how we become better people. If you spare people from what you think should not have happened.... you might be stunting their personal growth. As horrible as some things are, is how we overcame them, personally and collectively that defines who we are.

You may be surprised.  I suppose a happy life in ignorance is just that-- but there is so much more.  It is kinda nice to live through some shitty things so you can stand on top, proud that you have been victorious.

I suppose life can be like sports in that.  You always want to win against the best team-- what's the fun in winning against someone that sucks?

Mega said:
I'd rather have a happy life than a deep personality.

it would only be the illusion of happiness. Seriously, Paris Hilton and other air-headed trust fund babies may look happy, but just remember they have to buy their friends...

Metalheadlady said:
I know what you mean, but aside from those close to them, I doubt dio or Randy Rhoads dying made them gain anything.

Obviously THEY didn't gain anything, they're dead, but I'd like to hope Ozzy learned something from Randy's death, and Dio showed what being a good person can accomplished. At the time of his death not a single person had a bad thing to say, he's an example to follow.

Yeah, I agree with you about Dio, but did you hear anything about the church that was going to protest at his funeral? That's just not right.

Metalheadlady said:
Yeah, I agree with you about Dio, but did you hear anything about the church that was going to protest at his funeral? That's just not right.
I wouldn't be imtimidated by a "church" with a website called "godhatesfags.com" From what I understand the whole church is just the guys family.

Yeah, I heard the same, and that is a really awful thing to do. Asking anyone who met him, Dio was a great person, so I don't see their point of view at all

Back