If Bruce sang a sixth blaze song live?

naranja

Educated Fool
Bruce has sung Futureal and The Clansman from Virtual XI, and Man on the Edge, Sign of the Cross and Lord of the Flies from the X Factor.

I personally think Bruce did a great job on the Blaze tunes but I still prefer Blaze on the three shorter songs as his low register really fits them well. Bruce’s soaring vocals on Clansman and Cross however really add to them.

If Bruce was to sing one more Blaze tune live, which do you think would be the best one to do? Also what would be the most realistic to be played? Ie: I can never see The Unbeliever being played.

I’d love to hear Bruce sing The Edge of Darkness, Como Estais Amigos or Blood on the Worlds Hands. I can’t see it happening though and think most of the crowd would have no idea what the songs were.

The Edge of Darkness has that sort of drama going on, so I suppose it could fit Bruce's style pretty well. So yeah, could be that one. Hard to say though, I suppose it would be either a bit of a miss or an absolutely amazing match. :D

The only logical (to me) would be either Blood on the Worlds Hands, The Aftermath, Edge of Darkness, Fortunes of War of The X Factor or Educated Fool or Como Estais Amigos of Virtual XI. Maybe Virus. I think these are the songs that could hold up to the Bruce material. The other songs are great (love all of them), but it cant compete with 12 Bruce sung albums, some regarded as the absolute best in metal.

I don’t see it happening. Sure, perhaps Man on the Edge, Lord of the Flies or Futureal. Bruce have sung them so many times, we even have recorded versions of him doing them. No stranger than Blaze singning Afraid to shoot Strangers or The Evil that Men Do after recording it for their first Best Of album and the B-sides.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this today. There are plenty of great songs to choose, but I feel the best fit for Bruce’s vocals right now is Look for the Truth. It’s very anthemic and could prove fun in a live environment.

I was just thinking about this today. There are plenty of great songs to choose, but I feel the best fit for Bruce’s vocals right now is Look for the Truth. It’s very anthemic and could prove fun in a live environment.
It’d be great but I don’t think the crowd would know it at all sadly

I agree with "Blood On The World's Hands" or "The Edge Of Darkness".

Strangely, I think Diesel's suggestion of "Look For The Truth" might also have some merit. Most of the problems with that song have to do with Blaze's performance, IMO, so Bruce might be able to save it.

The Angel and the Gambler could honestly be turned into an amazing audience participation piece. They could pull concert-goers onstage to sing the chorus stuff.

When Two Worlds Collide is one of my favourite tunes from the two Blaze albums, so I’d love them to play that on tour, and would be great to subsequently get it as a live b-side on a future Maiden single ... alas I doubt either of those things will ever occur ...

The drama of Edge of Darkness or Blood On the World’s Hands would be next level

Judgement of Heaven would sound amazing with Bruce but as it wasn’t on the TXF tour I cannot see that ever happening.

From V11 I think Lightening Strikes Twice

Back