Iced Earth

I am so happy that I bought a ticket for the Birmingham date now: they are going to play 'Dante's Inferno' on the upcoming tour! :yey:

I like it.
And it's great that it seems that they're going to play it again live.I''ll probably catch them on this tour.

MaidenFan100 said:
Have just gotten into Iced Earth so which album should i buy first? :)
One of the following:

Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings
The Dark Saga
Something Wicked This Way Comes

'...Stormrider' is my favourite Iced Earth album but the following three have Matt Barlow, the band's best-known and most popular singer, performing on them and have classic songs like 'Dante's Inferno', 'A Question of Heaven' and the Something Wicked trilogy.

'Horror Show' has never really done much for me. 'Damien' is one of my favourite Iced Earth songs but I've never liked the rest of the album all that much.

On the topic of 'Horror Show', is 'Ghost of Freedom' meant to sound like 'Watching Over Me'? Every time I listen to 'Ghost...' I always start putting in lyrics from 'Watching Over Me' into the song in my head.

Horror Show is brilliant! Dracula, Damien, Phantom Opera Ghost! Wolf is an bad ass opener and an epic track. Sure it has it's weaker songs like the Mummy, Jack, and Jackil and Hyde (not to mention Ghost of Freedom, good fucking god), but It is definitely a must own.

On the two cd version where there is an interview with John, he said Phantom Opera Ghost had to be cut back do to lack of time and space, but that he would revisit it one day. Then 9/11 happened and well... Now I doubt he will ever go back to that sort of "fun" material... FUCK YOU TERRORISTS, YOU MAY THINK YOU WON BECAUSE YOU TURNED ONE METAL ARTIST BATSHIT CRAZY, BUT THIS IS FAR FROM OVER MUTHERFUCKERS!

Boycotting IE. Can't be arsed to play in Sweden (but eeeeeeverywhere in Europe besides Sweden).  I'm not fucking buying the album.

Night Prowler said:
Two new songs leaked - Anthem and Days Of Rage - both are on YouTube, and both kick ass :yey: :edmetal:
I assume it was you that uploaded them? :p

I get the feeling that the riff at he start of 'Days of Rage' has been used before, on, er, every Iced Earth album.

Black Wizard said:
I assume it was you that uploaded them? :p
Yup, found them somewhere else though.

Anthem rules. Amazing song. People who heard the whole album say that Days Of Rage is the least good song on the album.

I just checked, and these songs appear on a bonus CD with latest Rock Hard Magazine in Germany. I hope I'll be able to find it here...

Night Prowler said:
I just checked, and these songs appear on a bonus CD with latest Rock Hard Magazine in Germany. I hope I'll be able to find it here...

I'll see if I can rip those for you once I have the issue.

Back