I still can't believe The Thin Line Between Love and Hate is not a classic

Sorry, I don't understand this, maybe because I'm not a native speaker? Anyway I should maybe have written "one of the best things..."
The instrumental part is stolen from Beckett's song Life's Shadow. Unfortunately. Maiden did it better though, if that counts.

yep, great song, killer groove, very efficient and punchy which Maiden has not done much of since BNW imo. not quite classic but i never skip this song...nomad i do but not this one

I agree- out of a silent planet is fantastic too. I wish they would work either of these in live.

Reactions: jcv
The instrumental part is stolen from Beckett's song Life's Shadow. Unfortunately. Maiden did it better though, if that counts.
Oh, ok. I went to listen to that song. So this is a moment when yet another Maidenfans user realizes this Beckett/Maiden thing, which probably has been widely discussed here. I'd be happier if I hadn't. Forget everything I wrote earlier.

Sorry, I don't understand this, maybe because I'm not a native speaker? Anyway I should maybe have written "one of the best things..."
They stole that instrumental section from the band Beckett, just like they stole some of the lyrics for “Hallowed Be Thy Name” from them. I was making a pun on “beck and call” with the band name.

I half believe "Deja Vu" is about Murray's and Harris' collective writing process.

Oh, ok. I went to listen to that song. So this is a moment when yet another Maidenfans user realizes this Beckett/Maiden thing, which probably has been widely discussed here. I'd be happier if I hadn't. Forget everything I wrote earlier.
I sympathize Hessos.
I remember how angry and disappointed I was when discovering this on this very forum a few years ago.
Like you, I thought it was the best part of the new album back in 2000.

"I still can't believe The Thin Line Between Love and Hate is not a classic"

The Chorusy stuff is absolutely fantastic, the versus are below mediocre.

All my friends hate The Nomad for its stupid lyrics. But I love it. The long instrumental part is the best thing they've done since... Seventh Son maybe?
I love the nomad, especially the instrumental section. It has a strong influence from Beckett but isn't a rip off (IMO) and is much better than the Becket version.
BTW the Becket version is good also.

Back