How would a Iron Maiden musical work?

Stardust

Rainmaker
I would like the musical to be like the Queen musical "We Will Rock You" with the characters named after Iron Maiden songs/lyrics. I got a story for one, but I lost the file for it :( But the story was awful anyway. You could call it a carbon copy of the previously mentioned Queen musical. Yeah, it really is a carbon copy. Well, it has some differences but they are so small it doesn't even matter!
But forget about it! I would like to see your very own musical. And this time I will comment on them!
But for now, I'll see ya later.

I think the main problem with the idea of a Maiden musical is that all Maiden's songs are about something specific - they are not really adaptable for use in other contexts in the same way as the songs of Queen, Abba and Take That. And any story you tried to concoct by stringing several of them together is likely to end up pretty tortuous and contrived. Then you have the problem of finding an entire cast with a vocal range to match Bruce. All in all, I think this one is a non-starter.

I can see it now ... Up in lights ! Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter On Ice! Featuring Music by Iron Maiden! The first 100 people in the theatre receive an "I Survived The Slaughter T Shirt! :)

I've got a simple solution: Just make Seventh Son into a musical. It's already a concept album. It could be like Tommy where they bring in famous actors to play the parts and sing and there will be this big production! ...No wait...Tommy (the musical, not the album) was horrible. I would never wish that on Maiden.

Back