How much longer for Iron Maiden?

I was thinking while I listened to The Final Frontier, for how much longer will Iron Maiden go on for? It's a wierd question but one to think about.

Personally I think for at least another 5 years. Now I wanna know your opinion  :edmetal:

~ Rossi  :shred:

I think that guitarists and Steve can play at least until they are 65 or more. Nicko is still flawless at 59, but I don't know how will he sound when he turns 65, for example. And of course, there's Bruce. At 53, he can sing pretty much everything of 80's material really good, except some really high screams that don't sound so good lately (TNOTB). I think that he has at least 10 more quality years.

Why do we need to have this topic every month? It's depressing. Enjoy maiden while you can and when it's over it's over.

Another hits/history tour, another record, another record tour, and then farewell tour. IMHO, the band will hit 40 years of creative career going out in a blast, without ever being a cabaret/nostalgia act.

I predict 1 more studio album, 4-5 more summer/fall tours, 2 more best of compilations ( :p ), and probably 3-4 more DVD/Blu-ray releases. 

From what we can see they still love producing music and given that they are in the middle of another rise in popularity it can only make them more motivated to continue.
Personally id hope for at least another two studio albums and that gives rise to many tours and oppertunities to enjoy their last years. I just dont want them to continue to far and god forbid lose quality. i prefer bruces screams lately aswell, as i prefer his voice now overall as it seems more controlled and emotional.
And of course we can all hope that when they prepare to draw to a close whatever diety that proves to be real blesses them with eternal life and awesomeness  :lol: (best case)

Zare said:
Another hits/history tour, another record, another record tour, and then farewell tour. IMHO, the band will hit 40 years of creative career going out in a blast, without ever being a cabaret/nostalgia act.

Now that would be a legacy to leave

I'd say Iron Maiden has 5-10 years left.  Hopefully more!

I'd say maybe 2 more studio albums, and hopefully some collections of unreleased and rare material after they retire.

:edmetal:

TFF 01 said:
I'd say Iron Maiden has 5-10 years left.  Hopefully more!

I'd say maybe 2 more studio albums, and hopefully some collections of unreleased and rare material after they retire.

:edmetal:
I'd prefer three more studio albums and no collection of unreleased and rare material efter they retire.  :ninja:

Yax said:
I'd prefer three more studio albums and no collection of unreleased and rare material efter they retire.  :ninja:

Why don't you want collections of unreleased and rare material?  It's a great way to give to the fans after they stop making new music as an active band.

TFF 01 said:
Why don't you want collections of unreleased and rare material?  It's a great way to give to the fans after they stop making new music as an active band.
Because I get the feeling most of the leftover material is sub par. It's unreleased for a reason. But of course, I wouldn't say no to it, because there could be some gems - I'd rather have more new material instead though. By far.

TFF 01 said:
Why don't you want collections of unreleased and rare material?  It's a great way to give to the fans after they stop making new music as an active band.
Why are you so obsessed with unreleased and rare material? That's almost all you talk about.

Back