How many Iron Maiden live songs have you witnessed at (an) Iron Maiden gig(s)

How many have you ?

• Less than 15 songs

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 15-25 songs

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • 26-35 songs

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • 36-45 songs

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • 46-55 songs

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • 56-65 songs

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • 66-75 songs

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 76-85 songs

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 86-99 songs

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 100 or more songs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I'm so low on the list....I've only seen Maiden twice, so I've seen 26-35 songs. But...next summer...

Powerslave! SIT! 7th Son!  :yey: My top 3! *Wasted Years... :wub:*

My hubby has seen them probably 6-7 times, so he's pprobably in the 70's as far as songs go. He saw them first in 1981 and we saw them together in 2003.

Powergirl81 said:
I'm so low on the list....I've only seen Maiden twice, so I've seen 26-35 songs. But...next summer...

Powerslave! SIT! 7th Son!  :yey: My top 3! *Wasted Years... :wub:*

My hubby has seen them probably 6-7 times, so he's pprobably in the 70's as far as songs go. He saw them first in 1981 and we saw them together in 2003.

I think I might be in the 70's too....

1st time I saw them was in Dec 79, Marquee, then supporting Judas Priest on British Steel Tour, then on first album tour (Guildford), then Killers (Guildford, Bracknell, and Hammersmith),There's a couple of Reading festival appearances in around here too. Beast On The Road (Bracknell and Hammersmith), Piece of Mind (all Hammersmith dates), Powerslave (all Hammersmith dates), Somewhere In Time (all Hammersmith dates), Seventh Son (Donnington, Hammersmith twice, and one at Wembley) No Prayer (Hammersmith) Fear Of The Dark (Donnington) X Factor (Brixton) Then missed 2000 show at Wembley  :( I had tickets!!! Toronto August 2003 (Dance Of Death tour? or did the album come out later?) and last October in Toronto (Matter of Life or Death)

Anybody want to go through set lists and see how many different songs I've seen? Frankly, I've lost count!!!

@VodaWolph: would you be more precize about the first 2 gigs? (1979 and JP-support?)
Venue and/or date?

I am especially curious if you remember having seen "Charlotte the Harlot", "Strange World" and/or non-album tracks (b-sides/covers).

Also: ever seen "The Ides of March", performed live? They did do this live in the seventies, but it slips my mind if this was until 1979 or until 1978.

Unfortunately the bootleg section of The Iron Maiden Commentary can't be accessed to help me. :/

Thanks in advance!

Forostar said:
@VodaWolph: would you be more precize about the first 2 gigs? (1979 and JP-support?)
Venue and/or date?

I am especially curious if you remember having seen "Charlotte the Harlot", "Strange World" and/or non-album tracks (b-sides/covers).

Also: ever seen "The Ides of March", performed live? They did do this live in the seventies, but it slips my mind if this was until 1979 or until 1978.

Unfortunately the bootleg section of The Iron Maiden Commentary can't be accessed to help me. :/

Thanks in advance!

Remember, this was a long time ago, I was only 14 at the time  :halo:
I'm sure they played Charlotte The Harlot live, I seem to recall Paul Dianno singing that, I also think they did stuff like I've Got The Fire and Drifter, might have started with an instrumental (Ides Of March?), remember I heard stuff live before I had it on vinyl and didn't really know many songs names at the time.

VodaWolph said:
I'm sure they played Charlotte The Harlot live, I seem to recall Paul Dianno singing that, I also think they did stuff like I've Got The Fire and Drifter, might have started with an instrumental (Ides Of March?), remember I heard stuff live before I had it on vinyl and didn't really know many songs names at the time.
This is the problem I had when I saw Maiden for the first time - I had the debut on vinyl and a cassette recording of Reading from 1980 (from what all I remember was the track Killers). So when I stated that they played I've Got The Fire, I could never be sure if it was that or Sanctuary (I still can't be sure today). All I remember was Ides of March intro, then a spot on Murray as he played the opening riff, then the lights go on full and the rest of the band comes in and does their bit. That could describe Sanctuary or I've Got the Fire but one thing I can be sure of is that they most certainly played Sanctuary at that gig (Rainbow theatre, Dec 1980).

VodaWolph said:

For now it looks like this, check the comments below as well.

VodaWolph's list:

1.   Prowler
2.   Sanctuary
3.   Remember Tomorrow
4.   Running Free
5.   Phantom of The Opera
6.   Transylvania
7.   Strange World   
8.   Charlotte The Harlot
9.   Iron Maiden
10. Wrathchild
11. Murders In The Rue Morgue
12. Another Life
13. Genghis Khan
14.  Killers
15.  Purgatory
16.  Drifter
17. Twilight Zone
18. Children of the Damned
19. The Prisoner
20. 22 Acacia Avenue
21. The Number Of The Beast
22. Run To The Hills
23. Hallowed Be Thy Name
24. Total Eclipse
25. Where Eagles Dare
26. Revelations
27. Flight Of carus
28. Die With Your Boots On
29. The Trooper
30. Still Life
31. To Tame A Land
32. Aces High
33. 2 Minutes To Midnight
34. Losfer Words (Big ‘Orra)
35. Powerslave
36. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
37. Caught Somewhere In Time
38. Wasted Years
39. Sea Of Madness
40. Heaven Can Wait
41. Moonchild
42. Infinite Dreams
43. Can I Play With Madness
44. The Evil That Men Do
45. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
46. The Clairvoyant

47. Tailgunner
48. Holy Smoke
49. No Prayer For The Dying
50. Public Enema Number One
51. The Assassin
52. Hooks In You
53.   Bring Your Daughter…To The Slaughter
54.   Be Quick Or Be Dead
55.   From Here To Eternity
56.   Afraid To Shoot Strangers
57.   Wasting Love
58.   Fear Of The Dark
59.   Sign Of The Cross
60.   Lord Of The Flies
61.   Man On The Edge
62.   Futureal
63.   The Angel And The Gambler
64.   Lightning Strikes Twice
65.   The Clansman
66.   When Two Worlds Collide
67.   The Educated Fool

68.   The Wicker Man
69.   Wildest Dreams
70.   Different World
71.   These Colours Don’t Run
72.   Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
73.   The Pilgrim
74.   The Longest Day
75.   Out Of The Shadows
76.   The Reincanation Of Benjamin Breeg
77.   For The Greater Good Of God
78.   Lord Of Light
79.   The Legacy

Unfortunately I have no idea if, in December 1979 (Marquee), "The Ides Of March" was played live. They played it 2 months earlier, but 2 months later it might have been replaced by the studio version. I am not sure. :/

The same doubt I have about "I've Got The Fire".

At least we can say you have witnessed the biggest amount of different Maiden songs live (at least 79 tracks!)!  :ok:
Don't forget to vote! ;)

VodaWolph said:
Toronto August 2003 (Dance Of Death tour? or did the album come out later?)

That was the Gimme Ed Til I'm Dead tour, which preceeded the album :)

Ah, The Clansman, about the only song I actually liked Blaze singing  :innocent: (but Bruce still sings it better)

I'm wondering if Iron Maiden have played more than 100 different songs live  :S

VodaWolph said:
I'm wondering if Iron Maiden have played more than 100 different songs live  :S

According to my counting, it's 101 songs, although I may be missing some (especially because I don't know what songs they performed before the release of the first album). However, you'd needed to have been at London East End gigs in the 70s, Belgrade in 1986, the early Virtual XI tour gigs and the late 2000/early 2001 Brave New World tour gigs (London or pre-Rock In Rio South America) to witness them all.

The songs that were missing from the list above are:

78. Strange World
79. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
80. Futureal
81. Angel And The Gambler
82. Lightning Strikes Twice
83. The Educated Fool
84. Don't Look To The Eyes Of The Stranger
85. Brave New World
86. Ghost Of The Navigator
87. Blood Brothers
88. The Mercenary
89. Dream Of Mirrors
90. Fallen Angel
91. Out Of The Silent Planet
92. Rainmaker
93. Dance Of Death
94. No More Lies
95. Paschendale
96. Journeyman
97. Burning Ambition
98. I've Got The Fire
99. Invasion
100. Women In Uniform
101. Ides Of March (as we seem to have reached the consensus that it must have been played live at some point, only nobody witnessed it ;))

Perun said:
101. Ides Of March (as we seem to have reached the consensus that it must have been played live at some point, only nobody witnessed it ;))

There is a small chance that VodaWolph might have witnessed "The Ides If March" live.
Maiden played in at the Ruskin Arms, 15-8-1979 and VW says he saw Maiden in December 1979.

As soon as I have more time I'll try to make VW's list more perfect.

I have to dive into Maiden's official biography to check if Maiden played "Burning Ambition" and "Invasion" live. Also the Commentary would be handy to see setlists. :(

Re: How many Iron Maiden live songs have you witnessed at (an) Iron Maiden gig(s

About the inclusion of Women in Uniform, is it the live performance they did of that track on Top of the Pops or did they include it on their early-days gigs?

They played it live but only a few times (or maybe even one time) in a regular concert. In fact, I remember that the live version is only included on one existing bootleg from a 1980 concert.

The IMC will help us out when it's back online.

Forostar said:
There is a small chance that VodaWolph might have witnessed "The Ides If March" live.
Maiden played in at the Ruskin Arms, 15-8-1979 and VW says he saw Maiden in December 1979.

As soon as I have more time I'll try to make VW's list more perfect.

I have to dive into Maiden's official biography to check if Maiden played "Burning Ambition" and "Invasion" live. Also the Commentary would be handy to see setlists. :(

I first saw Maiden at the Marquee in London, I'm sure it was early 1980 but lists of gigs seem to only mention a gig in Dec 1979 at The Marquee  :S

Forostar said:

I've got several live recordings of Women In Uniform and Invasion. It was a regular part of the setlist in 1979. As for Burning Ambition, I don't know for sure, but considering it was Steve's first song, I would be very surprised if it was never played.

Perun said:
I've got several live recordings of Women In Uniform and Invasion. It was a regular part of the setlist in 1979.

May I ask which gigs belong to your live recordings? Dates and venues? Thanks in advance! :)

Women In Uniform:
25.11.1980, Newcastle (I was mistaken on the other one, that was a bonus track of the Top Of The Pops thing Albie mentioned)

Invasion:
05.10.1979, Ruskin Arms
10.09.1979, Music Machine

It's not as much as it seemed at the first look, but they're all genuine live recordings.

Thanks mate, it seems I even have those myself!  :S
Sorry for not checking it not better myself!

Seems I was right about "Women In Uniform". A rare addition in the setlist indeed!

Ooops, slight amendment needed...

Seems I saw them with Blaze on Virtual XI tour not X Factor tour

Sorry

And the Judas Priest support slot I saw was the first of the two Hammersmith shows on the British Steel tour, my friend was impressed as he'd never seen a support band get an encore before!

Back