Homosexuality

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Forostar, but you're wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_(behavior)

In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from the average

Average == heterosexual.
Significant deviation from average == homosexual.

Homosexual != normal.

End of story, thank you and goodbye. By pure definition of normality in behaviour (by Oxford Dictionary).

Forostar said:
I do, I am not screaming (yet) for persecution.

Onhell, what is your definition of normal?

@Jordan: Alright, let me ask you some questions to learn more about your opinion.

1. What do you imply with "I do not agree with it"? Will you live your whole life in dissatisfaction? Are you going to do something with your disagreement, whatever it means?

2. What does it mean when you say you find it "a choice"? What's the value of this expression? What are the consequences, what are the results of your thought patterns, connected to this subject?

This will be my last post on the subject because I'm tired of pissing people off.

1. By saying "I don't agree with it" means I simply do not agree with it. I believe God made man for woman, not man for man or woman for woman, but, he also gave us free will, so people may do as they please.

2. By saying it's a choice I think it is their choice to become gay or not. As a matter of fact most people that c*** themselves homosexual had bad childhoods growing up, but remember, this isn't EVERYONE's case.

Jordan said:
This will be my last post on the subject because I'm tired of pissing people off.

Dude, welcome to Maidenfans.  Part of having a discussion here will involve being upset, or having other people upset at you.  But we're mostly all adults.  We've had the privilege of watching some of our members grow up into some pretty respectable people, too.  It's a bit of a family here, and sometimes we yell and scream but we always make up in the end.  Right, Forostar?

Some of us yell louder.  Some of us argue differently.  But if there is a point where someone crosses the line, on either side of the argument, the mods will step in and take care of it.

Your opinion is your own.  We will ask you to justify your opinion, and people may even try to change your opinion.  However, your opinion itself won't be denied.  Is that fair?

Now, Forostar and Zare are discussing an interesting nuance.  I believe their definitions of normal are actually somewhat different here.

To Zare, he is discussing normality within the human population.  IE: most people who live in Antigonish, NS, Canada are white.  Therefore, being white is *normal*.

Forostar is discussing what is normal to a person's self.  IE: I am left handed.  When I try to write with my right hand, this is abnormal.

However, as a left handed person in Antigonish, indeed, the world, I am abnormal.  I am not part of the average population.  I deviate from the norm.

As a white member of the populace from Antigonish, I am part of the norm.

So, gentlemen, let's take a look at what you are discussing here.

Zare is correct: the majority of the human populace is heterosexual.
Forostar is correct: our sexuality is normal to us. 

However, homosexual behaviour and heterosexual behaviour can be learned in certain social situations - for instance, homosexual behaviour is commonly learned in prison - sometimes, an otherwise totally heterosexual person takes on not only homosexual sexual acts, but engages in transgendered behaviour, only for the duration of that social condition.  Similarly, homosexual people have commonly felt forced to adapt heterosexual behavioural patterns.  Both of these alterations are generally detrimental to the psyche, causing serious social damage.

Does that make everything a little more clear?

regardless of what causes homosexuality, i resent homosexuality. for me, homosexuality is an abomination of how God designed man as he should be.

Addendum: I want to remind everyone what the forum rules say on this subject.

"Messages with a blatant bigoted content will be deleted and the poster will see his/her warn level increased."

Among with other forms of hatred, this does include homophobia.

mushroomeater said:
regardless of what causes homosexuality, i resent homosexuality. for me, homosexuality is an abomination of how God designed man as he should be.

I can tell already you are going to be popular around these parts... partner.

Zare is correct: the majority of the human populace is heterosexual.
Forostar is correct: our sexuality is normal to us.

Yes, that's true, but we're debating homosexuality in the eyes of the society.

Therefore, the statistical domain is the society in whole, not an individual. I am not "normal" in the group of 99 ravers, but i'm perfectly normal to myself, and as long as they are comfortable with my Maiden t-shirt, we're all going to have a good time.

If one person regards it's sexuality abnormal, he/she has a serious inner issue.

Normality is just an analytical form. It doesn't represent wrong or right. And, there's no wrong or right in sexuality. It's just as it is.

I know i've upset a bunch of people starting this topic, maybe it's time to elaborate myself. IMHO, homosexuality is an biochemical syndrome/condition, and such things can be altered if there's enough scientific interest. I'm not talking "forcing the gay cure", i'm talking real choice. If we have free will we should have free choice. Perhaps there are gay people who don't want to deviate from the average, and perhaps there are hetero people who feel they would be better off with same sex.

God didn't design men because there is no God. God is defined as an transcedent being. There is no such being, there is no proof of such being. If someone tries the "but there is no proof that he doesn't exist" theory, i say - there's no proof that AutoUAZ truck isn't orbiting around Jupiter right now.

mushroomeater said:

Lucky for me that I have evolved and need not concern myself with what 'God' had designed.

Jordan said:

1. By saying "I don't agree with it" means I simply do not agree with it. I believe God made man for woman, not man for man or woman for woman, but, he also gave us free will, so people may do as they please.

2. By saying it's a choice I think it is their choice to become gay or not. As a matter of fact most people that c*** themselves homosexual had bad childhoods growing up, but remember, this isn't EVERYONE's case.

Last post on this subject? GOOD IDEA. You're full of nothing but ignorance, or at least you're posting like it again.

As for your earlier comment: is this worth attacking you about with vicious insults? YES. ABSOLUTELY HELL FUCK YES.
And that latest post makes me only more right about that.

Idiots like you who define what is acceptable according to fairy tales about your imaginary friend in the sky are the main reason why gays face bigotry (at least in the US).
Putting aside my atheism (let's not make this about the fact that there is no "God")...
When you base your attitude toward other people on your religion, that only works if everyone else agrees with your religious beliefs.
And no matter what religion you are, that is never true.

As for the rest - it is a fact that there is no choice involved with sexual orientation. I already explained this to you, and others also tried to help you.
One may choose - like Dino said - to have sex with someone of the same gender, but that's not the same thing.

And let me state again why I'm so vicious when I see unbridled ignorance like yours, when it comes to this topic.
A good friend who was gay once saved my life. I knew him when he came out, and I saw all the shit he went through. All of his former "friends" who either shunned him or insulted him behind his back. And I'll be damned if I want to see that happen to one more good person.

So keep your religion to yourself, and face the fact that reality doesn't always agree with it.

SinisterMinisterX said:
it is a fact that there is no choice involved with sexual orientation.

Really? I'm honestly curious. I've known cases and seen some first hand where people have been so wronged by the opposite sex they find comfort and solace in a relationship with someone of the same sex... by choice...

Yes, but that's got more to do with someone being bisexual to a certain degree, yes?

Your sexuality is hardwired, but many people override it for one reason or another.  That's why it's important to welcome and encourage people who want to come out of the closet - so that people can be what they are supposed to be.

mushroomeater said:

Uhhhhh. I'm just going to point out the word choice: "resent". That sounds more like you don't like 'em because they're having a good time and you can't share. Just saying, if you really want to be bigoted choose another word because right now you sound like a closet gay in the Bible belt.
And having said that, it makes me sad that you feel its an abomination, and that you seem to be taking this from religion (or the Bible). I would just like to point out that the Bible is a work that needs to be read metaphorically and also interpreted in context of the times. The lines that condemn homosexuality (in men, not women interestingly, women weren't important enough to get a mention so if you read that literally then women still wouldn't have the vote) were written in a time when it was important to reproduce because mortality rates were very high. This is also why masturbation is condemned because its a waste of seed. We have 6 billion people on Earth now, the context has changed. I just felt like pointing this out, maybe it gives someone food for thought.

@ Zare:
"I know i've upset a bunch of people starting this topic, maybe it's time to elaborate myself. IMHO, homosexuality is an biochemical syndrome/condition, and such things can be altered if there's enough scientific interest. I'm not talking "forcing the gay cure", i'm talking real choice. If we have free will we should have free choice. Perhaps there are gay people who don't want to deviate from the average, and perhaps there are hetero people who feel they would be better off with same sex."

What does this even mean? You seem to be saying that its all genetic, and that it is undesirable and should be changed. Maybe I'm not understanding something here, but this is really offensive.

Natalie said:
The lines that condemn homosexuality (in men, not women interestingly, women weren't important enough to get a mention so if you read that literally then women still wouldn't have the vote)...

But woman on woman action is touched upon in the Talmud which is Rabbi commentary on the Torah... So they were important after all :D

Haha, well then. I'm assuming that mushroomeater is Christian (I could be wrong of course) in which case the Talmud wouldn't apply, but that is an interesting factoid. What does the Talmud say about it?

I just want to tell you *** I meant no ill will with the comments I've made. I love and respect you ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back