Historical Figures 20 Questions

12. Was this person democratically elected?  (Fair or not, modern or not, I mean anything in which the person came to power via some sort of democratic process, not seized power then used fake elections to solidify it.)

12. No.

Quote: Not East, not West, but one (his creation).

16. No.

I'm not counting Foro's question, because we already have established that this person was not from India.

Alright, I'm going to give you a really strong hint here. The person was Muslim.

Finally.

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (*1902 in Khomein, Iran) was the figurehead of the 1978/79 Iranian revolution. He created the Islamic Republic of Iran, where he assumed the position of Supreme Leader, after toppling the last emperor or Shah. For most of his life, he was a theologian, not a politician, but his theology primarily consisted of the idea that Shi'ite Islam should be the driving force of all politics, and therefore arguable founded the current wave of fundamentalist, political Islam. He died in 1989. In 1979, he became the second Iranian to be named Man of the Year by Time Magazine, and is also featured in the magazine's list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.

Back