High Expectations - what about you?

Maverick said:
Do you want quantity over quality?  I think they made a new forum for that somewhere...  :innocent:

You know Mav, you could be more constructive with your criticism.  I hate to say it, but you're hardly the most tactful of members here.... :rolleyes:

2Minutes2Midnight said:
I should've know right after my first post, some n00b would waste his time flaming me for no reason. This board is just like the old official maiden board.  :rolleyes:

Wow! I have to change my title to some n00b now! Great to see that some newcomers have some sense of humour!   :D
Silky said:
you're hardly the most tactful of members here.... :rolleyes:

And that's what makes my charm.

You love it, really.  :D

Perun said:
How old are you?
Check my profile and you'll see that I'm 13. I have no money and no car, so my parents are my only source of income.

Maverick said:
Wow! I have to change my title to some n00b now! Great to see that some newcomers have some sense of humour!   :D

Either that or he's dumber than you thought :)

Alright guys, it's not my usual attitude, but after having read a couple of, let's say, arrogant posts, I'd love to say something in the same vein. Here goes.:

*arrogant mode on*

Onhell said:
But am I spending every waking hour thinking about it?

Did I ask people in this topic if they are spending every waking hour thinking about it?

I am just curious how people look forward the new album (e.g. compared to previous Maiden releases).
Very funny, how some people react, but actually this topic shows what they (don't) know about Maiden's music.

Knowing => expecting

I am sure that the length of the songs might influence people's expectations. On this album, the average song length is the highest from all Maiden studio albums.

So people who have low expectations either...

-simply don't care
-don't like long songs
-don't know much about Maiden's long songs from the past
-don't know anything about the info that has been presented
-don't want to know anything about the info that has been presented
-simply don't like to think about Iron Maiden's music, since it's too difficult
-have amnesia, since they completely forget things after having visited this forum
-...fill in your own answer here...

*arrogant mode off*

Child of the Grave said:
Check my profile and you'll see that I'm 13. I have no money and no car, so my parents are my only source of income.

So your parents let you listen to Heavy Metal music and let you surf the internet and regularly visit this site which, excuse my bluntness, is certainly not the best place of influence for a kid, but flip out if one of your CD's has a few skeletons on the cover?  :huh:
You should have a long talk with your parents.

Anyway, back on topic. I personally am very excited about the new album. I'm very much looking forward to it, and all the reviews I read about it boosted that excitment. I really can't wait for it, especially because everything I read about it just seems absolutely perfect to me.

Alright guys, it's not my usual attitude, but after having read a couple of, let's say, passive aggresive coward posts, I'd love to say something in the same vein. Here goes:

*passive aggresive coward mode on*

Funny how I just said I'm looking forward to the album, but KNOWING Maiden, I KNOW it will be good, whether expectations are high, low or moderate I don't care, trying to categorize emotions and feelings is not like categorizing music genres and I know Perun will tell you that that is why he doesn't care much for that for that same reason. So saying that because I'm not buying the hype or jumping on the "Omigad MaIdEn Rulz" bandwagon means: I

Forostar said:
-simply don't care
-don't like long songs
-don't know much about Maiden's long songs from the past
-don't know anything about the info that has been presented
-don't want to know anything about the info that has been presented
-simply don't like to think about Iron Maiden's music, since it's too difficult
-have amnesia, since they completely forget things after having visited this forum

Is bullshit

-...fill in your own answer here...
Gladly, how about... "I have better things to do like have a life"?

*passive aggresive coward mode off*

I have to admit, I'm long enough in the tooth to have had anticipations prior to every release of a Maiden album bar their debut. In regards this release, I possibly am more aware of its contents than ever before on any previous release. Possible reasons are:

• I now am registered to a forum where only Maiden fans gather and have talked about the release.
  • The internet has spawned a fair bit of talk about it (maybe I wasn't looking in the right places before).
  • I stopped reading the rock press around 15 years ago and therefore have only caught snippets of information about imminent releases.

So therefore, I'm a tad excited. ;)

But my expectations are moderate to high knowing the standard of the writing they can do, so it should be a good album. I think we should take with a proverbial pinch of salt (to a certain degree) what Rod and Kevin Shirley say as it's their job to buoy it up.

Yea I would definantly say my expectations are high but then again, they are for every Maiden release. 

Sure I have high expectations, but the problem (which happens before every studio release) is that I am dying to get a glimpse of what the songs are like, when are they gonna post samples on the official website?!!

Back