Here you guys, I've found a slightly better scan of one of the RAREST EDDIES EVER.

If I ever get this cd. I'm going to do a high scan

Good luck. The image is smaller than a postage stamp in the booklet. I don't think you'll get it any better than you have done now, there's just no further information in the reproduction.

I always thought it's some unused Riggs painting from the TXF cycle, as it's clearly one of his later-type Eddies. Maybe it was even commissioned for Best of the Beast itself, and the reproduction is due to some contractual obligation. But that's just speculation.

I always thought it's some unused Riggs painting from the TXF cycle, as it's clearly one of his later-type Eddies.
Yes. It's really curious for which song this artwork belongs to, because it's clearly a fantasy theme (not TXF album topics or any from that era). Or maybe it's not for a song or an album (a bonus artwork)... remember the weird Eddie made by Derek in 1993 (A Real Live Dead One era), the one where three hands are pulling his head (which song from FOTD could refer to?).

The key in Eddie's hand maybe refers to ''Fear Is The Key'' from FOTD, but I doubt it.

Very good artwork.

Last edited:
It came to be the inside label of the vinyl
True, but what I had in mind was: for which song from FOTD album this artwork refers to? That's why I said a bonus artwork.

Another example from Best Of The Beast is the inclusion of an artwork of Eddie on a motorcycle in the NPFTD album section - this artwork most probably refers to ''From Here To Eternity'' (or Maiden England).

Btw, I've never seen the artwork below the aforementioned Eddie before:

npftd.jpg

Any info about it?

Another example from Best Of The Beast is the inclusion of an artwork of Eddie on a motorcycle in the NPFTD album section - this artwork most probably refers to ''From Here To Eternity'' (or Maiden England).
'Don't Walk' artwork Belongs to Maiden England period. I still have this postcard since then 1989 or 1990. :cool:
Edited: Wrong. Published in 1992 but it belongs to Maiden England

Back