Here we go again...Iron Maiden sued over the rights of 6 songs

@Magnus update on the status of the case. Dennis has completely withdrawn from the lawsuit and, as I said before, has decided to retire completely from public life. No money was exchanged between the Maiden team and Dennis and it does seem like Barry McKay is going to get b**ch slapped by Maiden's legal team
Joining forces with McKay was probably the stupidest decision ever. As in, Ever.
I feel for Dennis, because I do appreciate his role in early Maiden, I enjoyed our correspondence via email, and I did like V1 a lot - which as you know disbanded because of all the circus.
Pity.

@Magnus update on the status of the case. Dennis has completely withdrawn from the lawsuit and, as I said before, has decided to retire completely from public life. No money was exchanged between the Maiden team and Dennis and it does seem like Barry McKay is going to get b**ch slapped by Maiden's legal team

Understandably, he did not want to be associated with the lyrics to Prowler or Charlotte the Harlot.

Joking aside, thanks for the update.

Joining forces with McKay was probably the stupidest decision ever. As in, Ever.
I feel for Dennis, because I do appreciate his role in early Maiden, I enjoyed our correspondence via email, and I did like V1 a lot - which as you know disbanded because of all the circus.
Pity.
Completely agree with what you said and the sentiment Magnus and is such, such shame.

McKay handled all so, so bad! I know that AFTER and not before he presented the case, he reached to some researchers and persons who have early bootlegs, to see if we could help him present evidence of his sayings in the lawsuit...! I am a lawyer and I KNOW that before you go to court you must have solid valid proofs of your claimings because on that depends winning a case! Not just good arguments! Having said that I know some people reached to him and even told him how to handle things better but he didn't listen and well, now we know how it all ended...

What a pity!

Didn't he go on Blabbermouth to discuss the lawsuit? It was a complete shitshow.
Think he did as well as other places. I think he even participated in some kind of chat in a forum or something and the whole thing got out... It was awful and unprofessional and ended up damaging his client which is a big no, no.

Back