Here we go again...Iron Maiden sued over the rights of 6 songs

Barry McKay, can you tell us your opinion on The Fugitive vs. Starblind? It's of utmost importance.

Also, did you like Little Brucie at the LOTB tour?
The real question is who played the back-to-back solos on Prodigal Son? If Barry thinks Dennis Wilcock deserves a writing credit for that song, maybe Dennis played the solos????

The real question is who played the back-to-back solos on Prodigal Son? If Barry thinks Dennis Wilcock deserves a writing credit for that song, maybe Dennis played the solos????
Does Bazza reckon Bruce will keep growing his hair out during the next tour?

McKay, why don't you release the bootlegs with Dennis and get advice from a real lawyer... I mean, if you do have a case I will tell you and if you don't I'll tell you too... You can save money, words and make me happy with the bootlegs :D

Thank you very much for this. Very interesting read... Some things to point out as a lawyer..

McKay claims that Wilcock did not hear anything from Maiden before 2012... Well, in the case of Phantom, he didn't see or hear the lucozade commercial? (Hard to believe)

It is hard to belive that Wilcock didn't at least notice that the band in which he was in grew up commercialy if he lived in the UK or Europe, I mean, he never EVER saw a Maiden poster, an ad read an article about them? That is VERY hard to believe. However, kind of difficult to prove that he did have the chance to hear/know about "his" songs being performed.

Various fans have presented prove that Slesser and Co. did had knowledge of Maiden/Hallowed BEFORE 2012. It is even MORE absurd the point he presents that he couldn't listen to the words is Hallowed... If this is taken to court McKay is gonna be destroyed.

I now took the time to read the entire Blabbermouth comments thread in detail and do a little bit of research. I can't fully wrap my head around this yet, but there is just something odd there.

At first, I wasn't sure whether it actually is the real McCoy McKay posting. I more or less got convinced by his very early posts. He does include some biographical details which would be hard to make up and are probably verifiable with some effort. But more importantly, there is the issue with Steve Goldby. McKay mentions repeatedly in his early posts that he hired Goldby to dig for information regarding songwriting credits. Goldby indirectly confirms this in the Metaltalk article, which appeared much later - and as far as I can see, this information would have been impossible to know for even the most dedicated imposter at the time.

But the Goldby issue is where it gets fishy.

As the Metaltalk article says, Goldby is the owner and editor of the website. McKay acknowledges this repeatedly in his posts too. Metaltalk was actually quite objective leaning on the sympathetic towards McKay during the Hallowed case. It doesn't surprise me that McKay would have picked someone from this website to work for him.

However, the Metaltalk article we're talking about here was not written by Goldby. Goldby was cited in extensio, but all the personal allegations against McKay are not part of the citation. Goldby, in summary, says that he has evidence that could damage McKay's case, and McKay tried to silence him. The whole article, however, does not state an author. I thought this was odd first time I read it, but now I find it even more suspicious. Goldby also stated in the quote that McKay started his Blabbermouth meltdown after he offered Goldby a truce.

Enter two further people, Dennis Wilks and Tony Miles. I'll deal with Miles first: He is an ex-band member of Wilcock's (and he has told McKay off for consistently misspelling the name), who said he has very damaging information, such as recordings of Wilcock's last gig in 1984 and many a personal insight on Wilcock's character. He also cited quite a lot of published interviews in which Wilcock talked about his version of Iron Maiden songs, and about Maiden playing material he had performed. McKay, interestingly, did not respond to any of these points, but he reacted to Miles like a wounded animal. That makes two people who have potentially very damaging information and a less than cool response by a McKay who otherwise claims he has an airtight case.

I'm really not sure what to make of Dennis Wilks, however, and here's why. As far as I can see, he made two posts on Blabbermouth right around the time McKay's tone starts to change drastically and he starts the name-calling and personal insults. I will also add that one of his posts contains a revealing typo, namely an å at the end of the word, the sort of typo that is only likely to occur on Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish keyboards. I noticed all this because my first impulse to check if this McKay is genuine was to click on his Facebook profile (the Blabbermouth posts are made via Facebook, as I'm sure you all know).

McKay's public profile is completely empty save for four friends. Three of these seem to be musicians with semi-public profiles and thousands of friends. The fourth is - Dennis Wilks.

Wilks' profile is even more spurious. Next to McKay, he has only one friend, an Ahmad Hamdan, who seems to be some sort of spiritual guru with thousands of mostly Middle Eastern friends. Apart from that, there are three public posts on his timeline, all being the change of profile pictures. The first picture, uploaded on 4. July, is the logo of the Cork City Football Club. The second, uploaded on 4. August, is an ominous blue circle on a black background. The last one, uploaded on 6. August, is a filled-in blue circle on white background. 6. August also being the alleged day of the McKay meltdown, although I can't make out if this is also when Wilks posted on Blabbermouth.

Earlier today, I jumped to conclusions which I told some members here privately, but right now, I only have the feeling that I'm seeing dots that I'm not sure how to connect, and that apart from the seemingly legit McKay story, something else seems to also be happening.

But the comments aren't that tied to the case itself. McKay on BB might truly be fekso that doesn't change the fact that the real court case is shit as outlined in that PDF and the real McCoy doesn't have a case.

Can someone please recap how we came to equate "Barry McKay" with "McCoy" (as in John, Ian Gillan's former bass player? Or is it someone else)? Thanks.

Dennis Wilks and Tony Miles. I'll deal with Miles first: He is an ex-band member of Wilcock's (and he has told McKay off for consistently misspelling the name)
Funnily, it's Tony Miles (member of this very forum, as @tonylmiles) who keeps misspelling Dennis' name, I'd guess Dennis would know better how to spell his own name on his own FB page, email address, V1 CD and numerous interviews (in one of them he mentioned that the official Maiden biographies couldn't get even that right).
As for "Dennis Wilks",
Fekso seems to be having quite some fun on the Blabbermouth comments section
Or the other way around.
No way to know though, you're right.

The first picture, uploaded on 4. July, is the logo of the Cork City Football Club.

WTF?

My opinon on the Metal Talks article is that Goldby wrote it and that his section in inverted commas is his him quoting his own press release.

GV1.png
:lol:

bigband.png
:lol:

neverlose.png
Hey Donald!

There's also several posts where Bazza/fekso claims that Dennis Wilcock was the driving force behind Iron Maiden in the 70s and made Steve the man he his today. He didn't seem to have a response to commenters who pointed out that Wilcock didn't do anything for 40 years which is very strange for a creative genius.

wilks.png

This is the Dennis Wilks facebook page Perun was referring to. I can't see any more as I don't have an account. That empty blue-on-black circle is very reminiscent of a former Maidenfans member though. :blink:

The level of details posted by user Barry McKay in the comments of that Blabbermouth article, including references to the cases he has won in the past among other things that were not publicly available, lead me to believe he is the real Barry McKay. I might be wrong though.

The level of details posted by user Barry McKay in the comments of that Blabbermouth article, including references to the cases he has won in the past among other things that were not publicly available, lead me to believe he is the real Barry McKay.

I agree, an immense energy would necessary to research this information.

Re:
View attachment 7319

This is the Dennis Wilks facebook page Perun was referring to. I can't see any more as I don't have an account. That empty blue-on-black circle is very reminiscent of a former Maidenfans member though. :blink:

you could be correct of course but I'm asking myself why would anyone make a fake facebook profile for a fake person that they are using to troll on a shit "below the lines" comment section? It would be fairly pathetic behaviour on their part if this is true.

Back