Guitar World Poll for Best Album of 1984

Any album containing Powerslave, Aces High and Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is the album of that year. Ain't no poll on Earth is going to tell me different!  :shred:

Probably because you can vote in the poll as many times as you want.  There is nothing preventing you from voting 1000 or more times.

LOL, Dokken ahead of Ride the Lightning...  1984 was a good year for music, but wow there are still some crap albums on that list.

I voted Powerslave, but there is some good stuff on there.

Stryper... *snicker*... great poll. SRV or John Syke's work on Slide It In makes anything by Stryper sound pretty flaccid. Sorry guys, can't say that Powerslave was my pick...

taker64 said:
Stryper... *snicker*... great poll. SRV or John Syke's work on Slide It In makes anything by Stryper sound pretty flaccid. Sorry guys, can't say that Powerslave was my pick...

I had to go with Yngwie.  But Stryper at the top?  Wow.

taker64 said:
Was it the Van Halen? Powerslave barely beat out 1984 for me. Both immense albums.

Probably the second best year of music... Powerslave wins, but Ride the Lightning, The Warning, Perfect Strangers, 1984, etc... amazing.

A lot of great albums. It's a race between Powerslave and Ride the Lightning for me. Although Ride the Lightning gets a better average point of songs from me, I like Powerslave better as an album.

P.S. : The poll result sucked anyway.

The Flash said:
A lot of great albums. It's a race between Powerslave and Ride the Lightning for me. Although Ride the Lightning gets a better average point of songs from me, I like Powerslave better as an album.

P.S. : The poll result sucked anyway.

Exactly how Maiden, Halen, Metallica and Queensryche are behind Stryper is laughable!!

It is. Those 4 albums stand as some of the best of the decade. The Stryper album is forgettable, the other's are classics.

Mosh said:
It is. Those 4 albums stand as some of the best of the decade. The Stryper album is forgettable, the other's are classics.

Stryper are a lot of things, all of them bad. Boy how I wish I could forget them ;)

Back