Guitar-Orientated Instrumental Music

So Steve took the Gordon Giltrap logo since 1976.…
The maiden logo and Fear of the Dark title album in a different artist before Maiden…

So Steve took the Gordon Giltrap logo since 1976.…
The maiden logo and Fear of the Dark title album in a different artist before Maiden…

Bowie used that font before them both as well I think

EDIT:
22e968d9bed31841d2337b958474ac5e.jpg

It seems it was a film from the same year as Gordon Giltrap so not sure if it was first

Last edited:
If I may just remind you the existence of this

and maybe this
Sorry for raising an old topic.

The whole logo "controversy" seems to be due to a fuck-up by Garry Bushell, author of Running Free, who mixed Maiden's first logo - designed by Steve Harris indeed - with the one we all know. The first is the one in Blackletter (or Old English font or whatever you call it) and the ghost-like thing that can be seen on a 1976 poster. For the second one, Dennis Willcock simply used a font (already available) that caught his eye, so a) Steve Harris did not design this logo; b) nobody actually "designed" the logo from scratch, Dennis chose a font that was already there; c) there is nothing surprising in the fact that this font has been used by other artists before.
Yes, it would be interesting to know the actual name of the font, and perhaps even its creator, but both have little to do with Maiden.

Edit: Dennis did design the blood spurting lips though (Bushell calls it a "symbol" but perhaps it might be called a logo, I'm not a native speaker so I'm not sure). This might have added to the mess.

i suspect, there is a unconformity between melody and guitars opportunity.
it will be better to use some other instrument for upper voice.
but only guitar i can play for now and i haven't other musicians around this time.
it's must give me ability to write more guitar-oriented music.

can you share to me your favorite choice for classical/flamenco/latin music?
Gustavo Woltmann

Hi there! I need your advice,guys. I'm interested in these, yesterday i played 6l6 version and dammit, it sounded very nice. Can't try el34 version nowhere near. I heard that biggest difference of el34 vs 6l6 is on the blue channel, many people tell that it sounds muffled on el34 version. Would be nice to hear reasonable opinion's on these amps. Thanks.

Lynch’s first all-instrumental album, and it’s excellent. Heavy, bluesy, funky, and thoughtful. Not empty wankery.

It has been entirely too long without Cried, so maybe this will bring him back — although I think it’s more up @Jer ‘s or @MrKnickerbocker ’s sleeves.

Never heard of this guy before, but apparently he used to lead a French prog metal band called Adagio before disbanding them to focus on his solo career. The song popped up in my YouTube feed and I clicked on it kind of absent mindedly. It’s actually quite good! Some orchestral bits surrounding a dark, determined nighttime guitar ode. It reminds me a lot of Michael Romeo’s playing style. I dig it, dunno if I’ll check out anything more from him but I wanted to throw it out here in case someone else is interested.

Reactions: Jer
Never heard of this guy before, but apparently he used to lead a French prog metal band called Adagio before disbanding them to focus on his solo career.
I’d also never heard of this guy, but this track is pretty cool. I may check out more. Thanks!

Anyone into Nuclear power trio? Their music is surprisingly great. Hope to hear more from them!

Don't know a whole lot about Steve Vai's history, but this song cooks:

And the fucking guitar / harp / bass hybrid he's playing with is amazing.

Don't want to be a spoil sport but his arm has to be muting that 12 string when he plays the 6 string.

Back