GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Honestly surprised that a lesser Priest album is beating Zep. I'll be voting for Priest myself, but I expected this to be closer.

I can't believe I'm voting for Nostradamus but I am. I don't like Zep, I don't like them in this game, I will vote for bloated, boring Priest instead.

Rainbow forever and always.

That Borknagar album is far more interesting than a bad SOAD album.

Bad Pantera album is worse than some WASP album that is fine.

I've discovered Thin Lizzy thanks to this game. They have amazing harmonies, a certain influence on Maiden.

If you like that, Live and Dangerous is a must buy. And that's a piece of advice I'd offer everyone in the world, quite simply the best live album there's ever been, far better performances of every track than the album versions and a couple of tracks that are on no album that are great, quality stage banter.

Thunder and Lightning is their final and heaviest album, Jailbreak and Black Rose are the other two big albums*, but the run from Fighting to Black Rose are all good.

*other than Bad Reputation as well as T+L I mean, Bad Rep might be the best studio album

EDIT: Good tracks for Maiden style harmonies are Emerald, Wild One, Black Rose, Waiting for An Alibi, Do Anything You Want To, actually most of the discography

Last edited:
I am terribly uninterested by this W.A.S.P album. I think this is the first round I managed to finish a song (The Neutron Bomber).

Trendkill meanwhile is among my all time favourites, and it has set on the throne for the longest, so it's my default pick for #1. Near flawless, powerful powerful sound.

Unique among Pantera's discography too: More open, less tough guy, 3! slower songs, including a ballad, and yet easily the heaviest album.

The Underground in America is the tightest song period. Suicide Note II is still insane, I simply love the ending, great vocal delivery at that part.

10's, the title track and Floods all have solos to rival Stranger in a Strange land, and I can't even pick a best part in Floods :)

Livin through me is an unusually good song even without the middle section, but I guess that's part of its identity.

And absolutely not sleeping on the ones I haven't mentioned ;)

I think this will be the worst result in the game. It will take a Somewhere in Time losing to Korn to top that, only sheer absurd. Because I know this album isn't for everyone and I kinda expected it to go down like this.

Armored Saint lost to a band fronted by a puppet, so...
tenor.gif

Debuted a new feature on the Tournament Tree - winners colour-coded by original league. A quick visual reference as to who is going deep.

Believe me, I wouldn't have believed I will. But I just don't like shouting and sounds that make me feel the vocalist is soon going to be sick.

• Love
Reactions: Jer
Back