goodnight from Iron Maiden..

I actually always thought 'The Boys' referred to the crew.

So in fact Bruce is thanking the audience from the behalf of Iron Maiden as a whole and on behalf of it's constituent parts, ergo Iron Maiden = Eddie + The Boys (human band members).

Very interesting.

Just when I thought all list ideas have been exhausted...we could have a "Your favorite Maiden salutations/farewell" thread.

#sarcasm
5 favorite farewells from every tour, 3 least favorite farewells.
Besides "Goonight from Iron Maiden, from Eddie, and from the boys" your three favourite ways of saying thanks and goodbye.
I think Bruce, had a quick look on youtube for a Paul bootleg and there's no mention. Bruce does a proto version "good night from eddie and the boys" on Beast over Hammermsith.

Blaze didn't say it either on one bootleg i checked
Did Bruce ever saying something similar in Samson?

There's a video of samson at reading 81 on youtube and he just says "goodnight, see ya, god bless ya" at the end
Well, that's not remotely similar. I wonder if Perun is right about it being some obscure British thing that Bruce adapted. I'm too young to know!

Well, that's not remotely similar. I wonder if Perun is right about it being some obscure British thing that Bruce adapted. I'm too young to know!

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if it's a reference to something like "nice to see you, to see you nice" was.

Steve used to say goodnight to the crowd as well when Paul was in the band, see at the end of Drifter on the Sanctuary single. But Bruce put a stop to it as it was infringing on his rights as a frontman.

Somewhat related: whenever they do Number of the Beast, Bruce always seems to shout "We will return to (city)!"

Back