Gojira

They're very good live. The first time I saw them I wasn't too familiar with their music but I could tell that they had potential. I kept seeing them at festivals and was progressively getting more and more into them so started enjoying them more and more.

I wasn't particularly sold on them until seeing them live too. It takes a lot to make a good impression as first band on stage on a Sunday morning at a festival, but they did it. They were monstrous inside the tent at Download too.

I've been listening to The Way of All Flesh since I was 12 or 13 but there's been a long pause and I'm discovering many songs again or for the first time.

NP: Gojira - Planned Obsolence
L'Enfant Sauvage is a fucking sick album. Neighbours won't be fans of the banging drums, though.

I wasn't particularly sold on them until seeing them live too. It takes a lot to make a good impression as first band on stage on a Sunday morning at a festival, but they did it. They were monstrous inside the tent at Download too.

I thought they were much better than any band inside the tent at Download, including Saxon, a band that I quite like. I was impressed!

They were monstrous inside the tent at Download too.
I thought they were much better than any band inside the tent at Download, including Saxon, a band that I quite like. I was impressed!
Just a pity that a lot of people had only gone in there to get out of the rain!
I was right on the edge of the tent and couldn't see a thing. They sounded good though! They're worthy of a more significant slot at Download now.

I might have to make my way to Manchester for this. Awful venue but fantastic band.

Not very convenient to get to, situated in a rough as fuck area, dank, dated, claustrophobic with limited stage views thanks to the upper tier/angled floor and pillars. The only saving grace is the tiny and usually packed pub next door. I'd take any of the other Manchester venues ahead of it.

I did have to walk a fair distance from my hotel, but it was through the universities area which was fine. I also stood quite close to the front so had a decent view apart from the 9 ft tall guy in front of me. I did notice the tiny pub around the corner. :lol:

You should go to the Birmingham show. It's on a Saturday so won't interfere with work and the venue is pretty good (inside, not outside). Plus you can go to the corner shop across the Chinese Pagoda Island roundabout and get some refreshments afterwards. Birmingham is also awesome.

Back