Gojira

Gojira have announced some UK dates for next year. I can reach Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle fairly easily but all of them are midweek. :grumble:

Come to think of it, if I'm still out of work, I could get to one of the midweekers, and if I'm working I'd have the money for London or Birmingham.

If you're working then London on a Sunday is a colossal pain in the ass, hence why I'm going to Birmingham to avoid the stress of crossing London at 11pm on a Sunday.

I'm literally thinking about putting my guitar* up for sale tomorrow to be able to get this newly announced one... An affordable version of Joe's signature! Finally!

*And I was already sure I'm done with changing guitars...

If they didn't cheat with overdubbing or something like that (does't look like it), this is an AMAZING performance.

I haven't seen them live yet, they can't!

Tbf all vocalists voices will go through rough patches, Bruce does at the end of every tour. Even if the voice does get permanent damage it can be sorted, like James Hetfield did. Just give it time and it'll sort ifself out, or as Brigs pointed out he can change his style

Regardless, this is one of the coolest looking proshot festivals I've ever seen.

Joe's voice is slowly going to shit. Maybe it's time to split up.

I hope it was a bad night. His live vocals have historically been one of the most powerful parts of their show. This past year I've noticed that his live voice is no longer at the "OMG that's better than the album!" level that it used to be.

I saw them when they opened for Metallica in Seattle a couple years ago. They were actually coming to my town the night after, but we had kind of a long drive back so I didn't go.

I've seen them eight times since April 2007. Only two of these were headline sets and only one was their own concert. Six of them were festivals. The first time was in support of Trivium who they've surpassed. I could tell there was something good in them at that show but it took me a few years to become a fan.

Apparently, Gojira supported Metallica in Tallinn in 2010. I wasn't a fan back then so I didn't go but Gojira have some sick songs and they seem very good live so I would certainly go if they came back.

Back