Ghost

In addition to the others mentioned, "Bible" (on Popestar/Meliora Deluxe Edition, originally done by Swedish artist Imperiet) is pretty damn good:
Bible, I think, is probably my absolute favorite cover of theirs. If I’m not mistaken, the original is in Swedish only?

Bible, I think, is probably my absolute favorite cover of theirs. If I’m not mistaken, the original is in Swedish only?
Mine too. And yes, I think that's right, though Imperiet also did an English version. The Ghost cover is pretty faithful to this English version, whereas the Swedish version sounds pretty different.

English:

Swedish:

Last edited:
New single from Ghost’s upcoming album:

Way better than the previous single. Heaviest Ghost song to date?? Very profane with allusions to the Weimar Republic and Nazi Germany I think. My interest is peaked.

Kiss my ass...assinate.:lol:
I love the chord changes in the last chorus before the solo. So far I liked all 4 songs but I´m not sure it will reach the level of Prequelle.

Last edited:
Think it's a bit rubbish to be honest, too over produced and the slow drum groove completely kills the riff.

I hope they haven't jumped the shark as the 3 tracks so far have been mediocre.

By my count, this is only the third song: “Hunter’s Moon”, “Call Me Little Sunshine”, “Twenties”. Was there a fourth one?

Don't think so. Seven Inches of Satanic Panic is clearly a stand-alone single consisting of "Kiss the Go-Goat" and "Mary on a Cross".

As a casual fan, "Square Hammer" and those two songs are my most played by Ghost.

Absolutely loving this new song "Twenties." It's one of the heaviest tracks Ghost has ever done, the song is fun, and the drums are pounding. It sounds almost like Cynic with it's slightly off-kilter timing. Great tune, best new tune from the band since 2019's Seventeen Inches Of Satanic Penis.

Last edited:
Anyone give Impera a listen yet? Pretty sure it’s out in some capacity somewhere and I see reviews coming in. One review i glanced at before getting sucked into another meeting was basically “Ghost pushed the power ballad button.”

Anyone give Impera a listen yet?
No, but I did watch the YouTube record release "ritual," which consisted of live performances of four songs: Kaisarion, Call Me Little Sunshine, Hunter's Moon and Spillways. Linked below. I hadn't heard Kaisarion or Spillways before, they both sounded good, particularly Kaisarion. Anyone hoping Ghost would be more heavy and less pop will likely be disappointed, but I am feeling cautiously optimistic about Impera.

Big fan of the band here. I've just listened to Impera for the first time. The best way I can sum up my initial reaction is that I feel I've just listened to Ghost covering a bunch of songs that I don't know. There's something... alien about it and I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of it being new. The singles - even Twenties - seem to be the most Ghost tracks on the album. This band has never really been heavy or dark when it comes to music itself (which is kind of the point of the whole thing), but geez - they really are at their lightest on some of the songs here. I'll keep listening for sure and see how it sinks in.

Listened to Impera for the first time. It's nowhere near to the goodness of Prequelle. Best songs... I liked first instrumental's guitar melody and last song's outro is very nice. To me Prequelle feels much deeper and meaningul.

I've been through Impera three times now, and I have liked it better each time. I don't know if it will surpass Meliora as Ghost's best album in my mind, but I think it's a good next chapter in the group's evolution. There are some tasty Maidenesque (really, Thin Lizzyesque) twin-guitar leads, and supposedly Opeth's Fredrik Åkesson plays lead guitar on the album. There is a lot of catchy pop/arena rock on here, which is fine by me. The track that is most likely to appeal to the most Maidenfans is "Watcher in the Sky," which features a staccato guitar riff that, though it is mostly just one chord repeated, still sounds pretty cool, and the chorus is typical Ghost. I'd give Impera an 8 out of 10 at this point.

I've been through Impera three times now, and I have liked it better each time. I don't know if it will surpass Meliora as Ghost's best album in my mind, but I think it's a good next chapter in the group's evolution. There are some tasty Maidenesque (really, Thin Lizzyesque) twin-guitar leads, and supposedly Opeth's Fredrik Åkesson plays lead guitar on the album. There is a lot of catchy pop/arena rock on here, which is fine by me. The track that is most likely to appeal to the most Maidenfans is "Watcher in the Sky," which features a staccato guitar riff that, though it is mostly just one chord repeated, still sounds pretty cool, and the chorus is typical Ghost. I'd give Impera an 8 out of 10 at this point.
I echo this. I think I like it about as much as the previous record, but Meliora is still tops.

Based on the interviews I’ve seen, Fredrik plays ALL of the guitar! Really cool detail.

Back