Futureal

How good is Futureal on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Futureal more in depth:

Songfacts: Before, you mentioned the song "Futureal."

Blaze: "Futureal" is that feeling of paranoia. At the time when we were working on the Virtual XI album, there was a lot of conspiracy theories that I was listening to. I'm very interested in physics and cosmology and life on other planets. And the question, "Do aliens exist?" Because of research into quantum physics and quantum fluctuations, the possibilities of people or beings coming from another dimension.

And this general feeling of paranoia and of people telling you what is right, but you actually not knowing. So much of the news media decides what they think is newsworthy, but that's not everything that's going on in the world - that's what they think you should know. And worse than that, sometimes that's all they want you to know, is my belief. Authors like Noam Chomsky are always exploring these topics.

So that's where it came from really. What is real? Futureal. Because is the future real? Is the future that they ascribe to us that they say we're having, is that real? At the time there were arguments about global warming. Scientific facts, global warming. It's a scientific fact, but somebody else says there's no global warming. So how do you know what's right?

This song is a HBTN and ROTAM main riffs rip off.It is especially good live.The live version with Bruce is just excellent.

A nice, lighthearted, straight to the point song after all the darkness and epicness on The X Factor.
The riff is fun and Blaze sings okay on the verses and great on the pre-chorus and chorus.
Like many of you said the guitar lick on the chorus is hot. The solos are good and accomplishes the song in a natural way.

Funny thing is that even the worst Iron Maiden album always start of great, Be Quick Or be Dead comes to mind as well.

7/10

You know what....the ability to compose an earworm is an art in itself. Have an 8/10. You earned it.

Your average Maiden opener. It's really mostly there to give the album an energetic start but not really anything interesting about it beyond that. Good soloing at least.

Above-average opener, short and to the point. Really summarizes VXI if you think about it. 7/10.

10/10

Futureal is the best album opener since Moonchild. It’s a three minute burst of classic riffing, as if to prove to all of those who hated The X Factor that the band could still write an upbeat rocker. Dave Murray is back in top form from the get-go with a furious solo of legato runs and melodic bends. Futureal has everything you could ask for in a Maiden song and does it all in a perfectly immediate fashion. Maiden actually kept this song on the setlist for a couple years after Bruce rejoined the band, an acknowledgement of its strengths.

Very strong opening. A lot of energy, really fun and quite catchy. Should've been the lead single from the album (what the heck was Steve thinking?!). A very high 8!

This is the first time Blaze-era Maiden actually reminded me of classic-era Maiden for the entire length of a song. Classic Maiden vibe.

Blaze's delivery isn't very good during the verse, but he sounds pretty good on the pre-chorus and chorus. Even his "yeah" going into the solo is pretty good.

Strong solo, but the interlude afterward sounds a little thin, as if the level of the bass was turned down. This recovers just before the final chorus, which pulls off a nice, sharp ending.

If Blaze's vocals were stronger I would have bumped this up a notch, but as it stands it's a solid 7/10.

Super catchy and the main riff is one of my all time favorites. Should've been played after Ed hunter tour. 9

Short rocker done in a Maiden style (one of the best short rockers for the band). It's up there with Wrathchild. This song is a classic! Fantastic way to open the album. Great riff, fast tempo, very good chorus/pre-chorus, brutal solo by Dave and again the twin-lead guitar harmony is amazing - the album is full of this. Blaze sounds awesome. Nicko's drumming is brutal. He hit the cymbals quite a lot (which is great). I don't get why Maiden refuse to play this song more often live. 10/10

Last edited:
It's up there with Wrathchild.
happy0188.gif

Back