Future Survivor games

Slayer.

I get the feeling there is not a lot of love for Slayer here. Surprising since their debut, Show No Mercy, is very Maiden-esque.

Other good chopices include: Faith No More, Dio, Van Halen, Primus...

Show No Mercy is their best - Maiden/Priest/Punk cocktail that blow minds away. After that, their discography can be stripped down to a 2 cd set compilation and that's about it. Too much overrated.

I disagree. Any of their albums with Dave Lomobardo on drums is worthwhile. Reign in Blood, Season in the Abyss, South of Heaven, and their 2 most recent (Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood) all stack up quite well. It's their 90s output that should be ignored. Sound like any other bands you know... :innocent:

Habberdasher said:
I disagree. Any of their albums with Dave Lomobardo on drums is worthwhile. Reign in Blood, Season in the Abyss, South of Heaven, and their 2 most recent (Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood) all stack up quite well. It's their 90s output that should be ignored. Sound like any other bands you know... :innocent:

I fully agree.  And though I know some people here like Slayer, it seems that it just never gets talked about much.

Jeffmetal said:
Live!@ Like A Suicide (EP), Appetite For Destruction, Live From The Jungle (EP available only in Japan with Appetite for Destruction outtake Shadow Of Your Love), Lies (EP), Use Your Illusion I & II, The Spaghetti Incident (only covers, including Sympathy For The Devil from Interview With The Vampire soundtrack), Oh My God (soundtrack from End Of Days movie) and Chinese Democracy (amazing album! Say what you want, but Axl Rose is a master of his art!).

So, other than all the live and cover stuff, 3 albums (Illusion 1 & 2; Appetite) and the new one.

OK, I forgot to look but was there a Queen one?  I don't recall that.  Or something from Seattle, like Nirvana...  I like Soundgarden, but I think they only had 3 albums.  Or, maybe Alice in Chains. 
OH, wait, I'll throw this last one out there: Scorpions.  Great discography, plenty of good albums to choose from.  Better early than late, but I don't know if many here listen to them. 

What about Helloween?

They're pretty popular on these boards have made plenty of albums and are generally an excellent band.

Oh, I don't know, Foro.  I thought the Helloween and Gamma Ray topic was pretty good.  I'd call 5 pages successful.  Prob is that Helloween had some pretty weak stuff in the middle. 

Yeah there was a lot of discussion. I meant that the game I made (mention your 3 favourite tracks from the selected Gamma Ray or Helloween album) didn't have that much feedback at some point, especially some lesser known albums on this forum. But we can always continue it (we were way over the half of the discography), or indeed, make a survivor.

Wasted CLV said:
So, other than all the live and cover stuff, 3 albums ...  I like Soundgarden, but I think they only had 3 albums...

The number of albums doesn't matter much. I'd rather see a good, popular game than one which lasts forever with only a few players. We've done those (Megadeth, Rush, Sabbath) and they're fine, but I prefer more players over more albums.

I'm new here, so I haven't done a Survivor yet, but I'm looking forward to Iron Maiden II, Pink Floyd and Slayer.

Slayer or Guns, I fucking hate Aerosmith which causes big arguments between me and the drummer from my band, early stuff I can tolerate but I'm fucking sick of that shit song from Armageddon that everyone insists on having as their first dance song when they get married, rant over

Rikstewart said:
Slayer or Guns, I fucking hate Aerosmith which causes big arguments between me and the drummer from my band, early stuff I can tolerate but I'm fucking sick of that shit song from Armageddon that everyone insists on having as their first dance song when they get married, rant over

Yes, that Armagettingit song does suck ass!

Back