FUNNY / RANDOM / WEIRD Pictures...

If you're referring to Bucket & Les; then one wasn't trying & the other guy is playing a bass! :p

You do understand, Saap, that vibrato is a technique that one chooses to use? I think your confusing Satch's massive tone & effects, which give him great sustain, with actual string vibrato; I don't see much evidence that his vibrato is any more developed (or that he uses it more) than any other guitarist. Admittedly, all the examples posted are pretty uninteresting from a technical point of view. But I'll take every opportunity I can of knocking Satch down a few pegs from his "greatest guitar player(s) the world has ever known" pedestal, that that guy has put him on...

No no, by vibrato I mean the actual finger moving technique, not anything else. Satch's effects make his playing sound better, true, but that's not my point. Hammett and Slash have this quick shrill vibrato, combined with the thin tones it really does not sound pleasant at all. Again, my point is not proving one guitarist's superiority over another overall, but only in the anthem's context.

Edit: Basically, Satch's version sounds big and on point, which for me is the only way an anthem should sound, and gives the playing an epic/heroic/patriotic feeling, while the other two's playing is quite cringe-worthy and doesn't serve their purpose, imo.

Last edited:
Zakk's version is over the top in every way. I can't stand his tone nor his wankfest.

Agreed, and it basically shows what I generally dislike about this "let's have a superstar/local hero perform the anthem" thing and why I wish it had never come anywhere near Norway (which it has, unfortunately).

His name is Saap, not "that guy"
Yeh, very funny. To avoid confusion: "that guy" was in reference to the announcer on the clip, not Saap. As I think you well know, NP.
No no, by vibrato I mean the actual finger moving technique, not anything else. Satch's effects make his playing sound better, true, but that's not my point. Hammett and Slash have this quick shrill vibrato, combined with the thin tones it really does not sound pleasant at all. Again, my point is not proving one guitarist's superiority over another overall, but only in the anthem's context.
As long as you weren't knocking Buckethead, we can still be friends...:innocent:
Basically, Satch's version sounds big and on point, which for me is the only way an anthem should sound, and gives the playing an epic/heroic/patriotic feeling, while the other two's playing is quite cringe-worthy and doesn't serve their purpose, imo.
Agreed, Kirk & Slash's were pants.

30-voitures-inhabituelles-et-dejantees-qui-ne-passent-pas-inapercues22.jpg

z9mzOlF.jpg

Back