FUNNY / RANDOM / WEIRD Pictures...

I probably posted this one before, but it's a classic.

11182209_1574861872802832_4165210319997830468_n.jpg

Jamie Foxx butchered the national anthem before the big boxing match on Saturday:
(Watch, if you dare, while you can; CBS is getting these taken down.)

Better yet, someone transcribed it.
9XkWyM7.png

I especially love the key change from B to B-flat, correctly noted as Foxx goes off-key. This was a periluhhuhlous performance indeed.

Oh bloody hell, that was bad!

I just wonder why the organist couldn't help him out by playing simpler chords, as I think it's evident he is unsure of what key to actually sing in. The tempo changes underway also don't help. Didn't they rehearse it together at all?

On a side note: I have never got the point of having a singer lead the singing of the anthem before sporting events. I far prefer it when a band/orchestra simply plays and let the audience sing. Unless the singer is absolutely fucking amazing, of course, and they usually are not.

It depends, the guy the Blackhawks have sing the anthem is just a great singer ... but it is the same guy every game.

On a side note: I have never got the point of having a singer lead the singing of the anthem before sporting events. I far prefer it when a band/orchestra simply plays and let the audience sing. Unless the singer is absolutely fucking amazing, of course, and they usually are not.

It's more of an American thing, I think.

I prefer seeing this guy play it :rocker:. Really though, Satch's version is very powerful compared to most "guitar legends" and their versions, namely Hammett and Slash.

If there's one good thing about the God Save the Queen, it's nigh on impossible to bring in any fancy singing or guitar wizardry.

I prefer seeing this guy play it :rocker:. Really though, Satch's version is very powerful compared to most "guitar legends" and their versions, namely Hammett and Slash.
Hmm, that was just okay. Don't know about "very powerful"; very Satchy, certainly...
Kirk's tone wasn't very good, & he made a mistake after, like, 3 seconds. A bit Bill & Ted. Slash's was a bit pedestrian...
Zakk's tone was a bit unnecessary. His timing was also flaps.

Satch's was best, definitely.

Here's Buckethead too! :p

Zakk's version is over the top in every way. I can't stand his tone nor his wankfest.

Hmm, that was just okay. Don't know about "very powerful"; very Satchy, certainly...

The power comes from his huge tone and precise technicality. It's obviously not a piece that requires immense skill but Hammett can't play it without mistakes and Slash sounds thin and dull. Very underachieving vibrato on the latter 2 as well :P.

Very underachieving vibrato on the latter 2 as well :p.
If you're referring to Bucket & Les; then one wasn't trying & the other guy is playing a bass! :p

You do understand, Saap, that vibrato is a technique that one chooses to use? I think your confusing Satch's massive tone & effects, which give him great sustain, with actual string vibrato; I don't see much evidence that his vibrato is any more developed (or that he uses it more) than any other guitarist. Admittedly, all the examples posted are pretty uninteresting from a technical point of view. But I'll take every opportunity I can of knocking Satch down a few pegs from his "greatest guitar player(s) the world has ever known" pedestal, that that guy has put him on...

Back