1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Here To Eternity

Discussion in 'Fear Of The Dark' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is From Here to Eternity on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

3.0%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

21.2%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

24.2%
  6. 5

6.1%
  7. 4

15.2%
  8. 3

3.0%
  9. 2

6.1%
  10. 1

3.0%
  1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Re: Daily Song: From Here to Eternity

Cheers!

2. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

Well it's ok nothing special, a bit of fun, it is one of those songs that works better in a live setting in a sing along. Can't say I ever listen to it that much 5/10.

3. Black Thunder

Black Thunder Ancient Mariner

I like how Bruce sings the verses, it can get a little repetitive sometimes, though...

6/10.

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

9 votes, 8 different grades (it was 8 : 8 ). :)

5. Jeffmetal

Jeffmetal Ancient Mariner

7. One of Maiden's best chorus. Very good live, but it gets old too soon.

6. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

8, fun song, the verses are the best part.  Good drumming.

7. national acrobat

national acrobat Ancient Mariner

The solos are definitely the best aspect of this song. Any tongue-in-cheek novelty in the lyrics wears a bit thin after a few listens. 3/10

8. Wyrdskein

Wyrdskein Invader

I like it enough to give it an 8. It's a simple but rhythmic tune, and the solos are enjoyable.

9. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

4 from me.  I always thought it sounded way more like an AC/DC Razor's Edge reject tune than a Maiden song.  I've never been fond of it.

10. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I gave it an 8, I always liked it ... I admit it does not have the "meat" that most Maiden songs have, but I find it catchy and often find myself humming the chorus.

11. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

6 out of 10... Never a big favorite of mine... Bruce's vocal is not one of his most inspired performances. In fact, the whole band sounds less than inspired.

12. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

A huge disappointment.  This song signified to me then official end of Maiden's golden era.  NPFTD had some moments that were typical Maiden, and Be Quick or Be Dead was a fairly solid opener but when I first heard this song I knew Maiden was on a downward spiral....thank goodness that turned around next album with TXF.

13. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Really? On the commentary on From Here To Eternity, it just reads: "This is the same version as the one that appears on the Fear Of The Dark album."

I would like to hear the single version if the drums are heavier, I think that would suit the song quite well!

As for the song: WOah, back when Maiden still wrote 3 minute rockers. Its kinda refreshing to just turn up the speakers on this, pretty good rocking track, but nothing fantastic by any means. Obviosly the guys thought they had a great chorus in "Hell ain't a bad place, helll is from here to eternity" and basically builds the entire song around it. Live it works extremely well with that break in the middle and some audience participation.

I'm feeling a strong 5/10 on this one..

14. Malcolm34

Malcolm34 Prowler

6/10, it's not so terrible but Maiden did better songs.
    Question: I know that the song is about Charlotte who fell in love with a motorbike and dies, but I've read that the lyrics deal with sex, is that true?

15. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Can we call that a fail?

16. Malcolm34

Malcolm34 Prowler

Why?

17. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

[​IMG]

18. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

One of the weakest songs on the album. For the first time I believe, I'm giving a song a score under 5. 4/10

19. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

I like the intro and the solos. The chorus, though, gets tiring fast, and towards the end of the song it gets outright annoying. The shallow lyrics don't bother me that much, but they don't add anything either. All in all a very unremarkable song, enjoyable on the odd occasion. 6/10.

20. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

This song is fun and catchy, and though it can get annoying, I kind of like it.  I'm not even giving minus points for Bruce's voice on this one.  A low 7.