Frank Zappa Discussion/Survivor: Last albums by original Mothers (now voting!) [abandoned]

Should this survivor continue

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but lets start over and/or use all the songs

• No

• Total voters
Or alternatively a new Survivor, but with all the songs this time and a very fast update rate. But yeah, the discography's probably better.

Also, the discography discussion is a lot more interesting in a forum layout anyways.

Spamming votes (survivor) is not always particularly interesting. The end results (data) might be, but not the process... :p and particularly not in the case of Zappa where there SHOULD be so much to talk about....

Last edited:
I don't know if I intend on finishing the whole discography, it's doable but a huge project. I would like to make it to 1982 at least.

Well, I might take over then, because I'm anal :D
(cue Diane Keaton saying "That's a polite word for what you are.")

Spamming votes (survivor) is not always particularly interesting. The end results (data) might be, but not the process... :p and particularly not in the case of Zappa where there SHOULD be so much to talk about....

Yeah, this is true, I guess.

Well, I might take over then, because I'm anal :D
Be my guest. :D

Seriously though, are there any albums you guys would like to lead the discussions on? I'll do Freak Out tonight to get the ball rolling but after that it's fair game, just let me know ahead of time.

You mean like we won't be doing it chronologically, but out of order and just checking what's been already done? That's not a bad idea, actually.

However, I don't have any preferences. Last albums I've listened to recently were You Are What You Is, Man from Utopia and Lumpy Gravy.

I like the Survivor idea but especially as with the early MOI there are so many titles. But with that period already done the list should be more manageable.

I also can see that such an endeavor would be time consuming for the compiler etc. Either way is fine with me.

Back