For Somewhere In Time fans

I think it's Bruce's worst vocal performance out of the 5 golden era albums. He sounds a tad strained in places. Still a great vocal performance though

I think it's Bruce's worst vocal performance out of the 5 golden era albums. He sounds a tad strained in places. Still a great vocal performance though
Choruses of TLOTLDR and CSIT, he definitely strains. Deja Vu is close, but I'm not sure if that's intentional. Bruce absolutely soars on the other songs on the album.

Bruce sounds good but you can definitely tell his voice has been blown a bit by the insane tour schedule. All the studio effects on his voice probably helped too.

Can't blame the guy, he still holds pretty well all things considered. Wouldn't consider him the MVP of the album by a long shot though.

Bruce sounds good but you can definitely tell his voice has been blown a bit by the insane tour schedule. All the studio effects on his voice probably helped too.

Can't blame the guy, he still holds pretty well all things considered. Wouldn't consider him the MVP of the album by a long shot though.
I really understand that after a tour like World Slavery the guy's voice would be kind of shot, i just can't hear it on SIT :confused:

MVP of the album is Adrian by a long shot.

Although the world slavery tour effected Bruce's voice on SIT it didn't seem to have a lasting effect. The songs on SSOASS are slightly less demanding for Bruce than on SIT but by the time accident of birth and chemical wedding comes around, Bruce's voice is the best its ever been.

I don't know if Bruce changed his singing technique at some point.

In my opinion it is the weakest album from the golden era. The first three tracks plus Stranger are excellent, but the other Harris songs aren't on par.

I have always thought Stranger was the worst song on here. It's not a bad song but every other song is great and that one is just good.

1. Caught Somewhere In Time 10/10
2. Alexander The Great 10/10
3. Sea Of Madness 10/10
4. Wasted Years 10/10

5. Stranger In A Strange Land 8/10
6. Deja-Vu 8/10
7. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner 6/10
8. Heaven Can Wait 5/10

In the past I have kind of dismissed the second side but TLOTLDR And Stranger are really strong tunes. SIASL is kind of a cousin to Flight of Icarus. Similar feel in the verses.

Stranger is a strange one for me (huehue). I really like the different approach that Maiden took to this song, but I feel because of that, it can't scratch the upper echelons of Maiden's definitive work, including their work on this album. Still a damn solid song though.

Back