"Final Tour" Setlist

Cody Cameron

Godzilla Freak
Okay, so we all know that Iron Maiden retiring aint something that is gonna happen in the near future. However, I have been wondering if they were gonna call it quits soon, what kind of setlist would they do? What do you guys think?

It doesn't even necessarily have to be their final tour, but I wish there'd be a tour in general where they go out of the loop, surprise everyone, and play a lot of rare songs.

Alexander the Great, Caught Somewhere In Time, Infinite Dreams, Stranger in a Strange Land, Sea of Madness, Killers, 22 Acacia Avenue, Flight of Icarus, etc, mixed in with the normal live staples.

I'm kinda hoping once Maiden call it a day (on the road) that they still do some releases & studio stuff. I can't imagine it happening at all, but I'm dreaming here... (totally off-topic btw!)

...so they do a live studio session (like Abbey Road) where they play SiT from start to finish, trying to recreate the sound. They dust of some old solid state Gallien Krueger amps; Adrian delves into the massive guitar collection he has, and finds his old Roland G-707 synth guitar controller (if he kept it; but I've read he's kept most guitars he's played over the years) --& we just sit back & listen to that heavenly 80's guitar sound, filtered through 30 years of experience. Of course, I wouldn't let Janick anywhere near any of the solos! :D

I'm kinda hoping once Maiden call it a day (on the road) that they still do some releases & studio stuff. I can't imagine it happening at all, but I'm dreaming here... (totally off-topic btw!)

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Maiden will retire when they can't give their %100 on stage so no stage = retirement. :D

This is a hard one, but I think it would have to be a combination of hits and rare songs:

1. Aces High
2. Futureal
3. Revelations
4. The Trooper
5. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
6. Run Silent Run Deep
7. Killers
8. Blood Brothers
9. The Clairvoyant
10. Lord of the Flies
11. Paschendale
12. Run to the Hills
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-------------------
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Starblind
17. Alexander the Great
-------------------
18. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Of course, this is a dreamer setlist.

But, it hits every album at least once, gets in the inevitable hits, and nails a few never played songs.

The set opens with the double salvo of Aces High -> Futureal, and then settles into Revelations. The epics are spaced nicely throughout with the short songs. The encore begins with a favorite in Number, and then does what are quite possible the best songs never played. Then, the show closes. The sense is that it was a great show, but how could they not play Hallowed on their final tour? And then they play it on a second encore!

This is really just my fantasy final setlist, and the last part is just based on my possibly weird obsession with suspense. But I had fun making it, and that's what matters.

This is a hard question but I think it would be cool if they did, like 425 said, play a combo of hits and rare songs. Also throw in songs they never played live too, like Alexander the Great :D

I don't really care what they play but the gig should take at least four hours. :D

Ariana, you've got it. And (why not dreaming ?), I'd like DiAnno to be onstage for the first few songs, then Dickinson, Bayley, and Dickinson back again (although he would never accept that). Burr coul never play again, which is a shame 'cos I used to love his playing so much. And I think ending with Iron Maiden is a must, and they should play all the cornerstones of their long career. And I obvioulsly hope Steve and Davey will be the very last to quit the stage, hopefully crying.

I hope they bring out some rarely or never played songs for the hardcore fans but also for new fans who never have had the chance to hear those "forgotten" gems before.

Caught somewhere in Time
Purgatory
Still Life
Out of the silent Planet
Flight of Icarus
Children of the Damned
Run to the Hills
No Prayer For The Dying
Be quick or be dead
Stranger in a strange land
Number of the Beast
Infinite Dreams
Iron Maiden

Aces High
Alexander the Great
Only the good die young

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
Wrathchild
Children of the Damned
Phantom of the Opera
The Trooper
El Dorado
Can I Play With Madness
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Blood Brothers
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Dance of Death
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
------
The Number of the Beast
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Basically I see the "FINAL TOUR" as a revamped Somewhere Back In Time Tour showcasing their greatest hits from their heyday in the 1980s and adding some newer hits from the 2000s and 2010s (Blood Brothers, Dance of Death, and El Dorado). I thought of putting The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg where Rime currently is but I thought it would be awesome that if they did do a final greatest hits tour, how fitting it would be to include their longest and most epic song? So that's what I think the TOP 18 GREATEST MAIDEN HITS would be. Wish I could have added more from NPFTD or AMOLAD. But who knows, maybe their final setlist will look like this or be totally different. Plus with rumors of a NEW Maiden album coming next year, we might see a couple new hits on the way.

I'd love to see them do a whole evening of Maiden as a final tour. No support. Maybe a 20 minute docu screened at the start, fast paced for a live audience, plenty of humour and live footage through the years. Then two sets, the first post-reunion, an interval with a mix of intro music through the years played, then a second set of old stuff. Maybe an hour on stage for the first set, 20 minute interval, and an hour and a quarter for the second set.

As for the set lists though... I've tried a few but none work. Tougher than it seems!

I'd love to see them do a whole evening of Maiden as a final tour. No support. Maybe a 20 minute docu screened at the start, fast paced for a live audience, plenty of humour and live footage through the years. Then two sets, the first post-reunion, an interval with a mix of intro music through the years played, then a second set of old stuff. Maybe an hour on stage for the first set, 20 minute interval, and an hour and a quarter for the second set.

As for the set lists though... I've tried a few but none work. Tougher than it seems!

That's an awesome idea. Similar to what Dream Theater does, and more than a fitting farewell to the fans. As you said, this is REALLY hard, especially not taking into account any new material before this tour happens...

Set 1:
01. The Wicker Man
02. Futureal
03. These Colours Don't Run
04. Paschendale
05. Brave New World
06. The Final Frontier
07. Sign of the Cross
08. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
09. Rainmaker
10. When the Wild Wind Blows

Set 2:
11. Aces High
12. Tail Gunner
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Wasted Years
15. Stranger in a Strange Land
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. The Clairvoyant
18. The Trooper
19. Wrathchild
20. Murders in the Rue Morgue
21. Powerslave
22. Fear of the Dark
23. 2 Minutes to Midnight
24. Iron Maiden
-----
25. Run to the Hills
26. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That still puts them playing about 2 1/2 hours...but, I just couldn't cut it down any more. Seems pretty realistic for a farewell tour, with a few nuggets thrown in.

I'm gonna try:

01. Aces High
02. Wrathchild
03. Stranger In A Strange Land
04. The Talisman
05. The Trooper
06. Dance Of Death
07. The Number Of The Beast
08. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
09. The Evil That Men Do
10. Man On The Edge
11. Brave New World
12. Phantom Of The Opera
-intermission-
13. Sign Of The Cross
14. 2 Minutes To Midnight
15. Coming Home
16. The Clansman
17. Where Eagles Dare
18. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
19. Run To The Hills
20. Paschendale
21. Wasted Years
22. No Prayer For The Dying
23. Murders In The Rue Morgue
24. Fear Of The Dark
25. Iron Maiden
-encore 1-
26. The Wicker Man
27. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
28. Hallowed Be Thy Name
-encore 2-
29. Alexander The Great

Tried to be realistic in terms of the songs I picked, but ofc they'll never play a concert this long :p

I'm gonna try:

01. Aces High
02. Wrathchild
03. Stranger In A Strange Land
04. The Talisman
05. The Trooper
06. Dance Of Death
07. The Number Of The Beast
08. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
09. The Evil That Men Do
10. Man On The Edge
11. Brave New World
12. Phantom Of The Opera
-intermission-
13. Sign Of The Cross
14. 2 Minutes To Midnight
15. Coming Home
16. The Clansman
17. Where Eagles Dare
18. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
19. Run To The Hills
20. Paschendale
21. Wasted Years
22. No Prayer For The Dying
23. Murders In The Rue Morgue
24. Fear Of The Dark
25. Iron Maiden
-encore 1-
26. The Wicker Man
27. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
28. Hallowed Be Thy Name
-encore 2-
29. Alexander The Great

Tried to be realistic in terms of the songs I picked, but ofc they'll never play a concert this long :p

They play 28 songs on their last ever night, the crowd roars and they step back on for a second encore... Bruce announces "Alexander The Great", the crowd go ape, Bruce gets out his kazoo and the other five leave the stage, laughing.

...so they do a live studio session (like Abbey Road) where they play SiT from start to finish, trying to recreate the sound. They dust of some old solid state Gallien Krueger amps; Adrian delves into the massive guitar collection he has, and finds his old Roland G-707 synth guitar controller (if he kept it; but I've read he's kept most guitars he's played over the years) --& we just sit back & listen to that heavenly 80's guitar sound, filtered through 30 years of experience. Of course, I wouldn't let Janick anywhere near any of the solos! :D

big smile on my face this would bring. +1 on Janick staying away from the solos..... he ruins every single one :/

Back