Final Leg of SBIT tour

Children of the Damned, good.  Phantom of the Opera, excellent.  The Evil that Men Do, played a lot but good.  Wrathchild?  Not good.  Sanctuary?  Terrible.

It's a shame that they dropped Revelations, The Clairvoyant, and Moonchild, but at least they dropped Can I Play with Madness.  Heaven Can Wait I don't really care about either way.  But overall, I think the first setlist was better.

I just downloaded a first bootleg of this tour.

Iron Maiden - Airborne Again / 2009-02-10 - Belgrade, Serbia - Belgrade Arena

I just read the notes and this is highly amusing, and a bit amazing as well!

(careful: setlist Spoilers):

Great gig! The usual great performance by the boys and a very enthusiastic crowd.

This was the first gig of the fourth leg of the tour in which the setlist was changed a bit compared to the previous three legs and this caused a few funny mistakes. First H rushed into 2 Minutes instead of Wrathchild but the band followed so nobody even realised then that is was a mistake. Later Nicko started playing The Trooper while Bruce was announcing Phantom. Then again H started playing the intro of Wasted Years while Bruce was backstage putting the red coat on for The Trooper (for that he got the 'Get your eyes fucking checked' remark by Bruce). But the funniest really was Bruce who probably thought for a moment after Hallowed that the gig was over and said 'See you later my friends'. It looks like only after the band started playing Iron Maiden he remembered that Hallowed was not the last one in the set anymore. Of course all this did not affect the quality of the gig but rather added a little special feeling abut it.

Pics:

I listened to that bootleg today, and I must say,
Davey's first solo on Phantom was the best version I've ever heard

*still in awe after almost 17 and a half years of Maiden fandom*

All his solos shine terrificly. I think he always delivers the best when it comes to live soloing. Every f*cking time.
:)

What a sound, what a feel! *hands down*

Audience recorded, but personally I find it a pretty good sounding boot.
Especially the vocals and the guitar solos can be heard well. Drums and bass fairly well also.

The whole show has a great (and interesting) vibe, not in the least because of the stuff I mentioned in the spoiler tags.

This dude has uploaded Belgrade-stuff on YouTube. I'm not 100% sure, but it could be from the same recording. Haven't checked it yet. But beware: this is YouTube quality, I have downloaded a lossless version.

Back