Final Frontier Mission Edition Extras

Invader said:
I would have paid for the Mission Edition gladly, but all my other Maiden CDs are in the jewelcase format so I didn't want to break from that.

In all honesty...

...your not missing much

LooseCannon said:
Get two copies!

It went to no. 1 already in Finland, and I'm not going to line EMI's pockets any more than necessary. :)  In any case, paying 3 euros more is different than paying 23 euros more.

Is anyone else a tad disappointed about the extras? I mean the interview and stuff was nice but too narrow, and we didn't get enough behind the scenes footage. That and the fact that the game is feckin hard. I spent AN HOUR on one level.

the game was pretty disappointing. By trade, I end up working with a lot of small time developers that could make a lot cooler of a game, for sure.

At least Ed Hunter was kinda cool in the sense that you got to move around the album covers, but that's about the best I can say for that one too.

I've checked the CD at my friends computer and it seems to work fine. I guess there's something weird with my machine. Anyway, still haven't got a chance to watch the video, so I'll probably just wait until it gets uploaded somewhere.

The "Mission Debrief" video has been fixed and is now 105 MB in size (was 68 MB, obviously something was missing)!

Enjoy the rest! :yey:

I'm having some difficulty here, I go onto ironmaiden.com/bonus and click on my respective region, the site tells me to click ok but no matter how long I have the webpage up for only part of the widget box in the bottom left corner loads....

UpTheIrons said:
I'm having some difficulty here, I go onto ironmaiden.com/bonus and click on my respective region, the site tells me to click ok but no matter how long I have the webpage up for only part of the widget box in the bottom left corner loads....

This happened me initially, I just reloaded the page and pressed OK again and it worked fine. :S

The interview is good, but it should have been included with the Mission Edition as a dvd, not just internet access, as I'd like to watch it on a big TV.

I've since saved it to my pc and will have to burn it myself.

I just got my copy of Mission (aka Special aka Limited) Edition of TFF.

The packaging is really cheap and crappy, there's no Iron Maiden logo anywhere and the box itself of course doesn't fit anywhere. The track listing is glued onto the back of the case. The extra content is also nothing special - from the exclusive advertised stuff the only exclusive thing is the band interview (Mission Debrief) you get to watch online. And I bet it's available on download sites anyway. There's also the second part of the flash game, but it's a mediocre product. The director's cut of the video for TFF has been around for ages and is freely available to everyone, as are the advertised wallpapers.

If you're wondering what to buy, get the standard edition, at least it will fit in the cd rack and you'll save a few dollars/euros/pounds.

Ranko said:
I just got my copy of Mission (aka Special aka Limited) Edition of TFF.

The packaging is really cheap and crappy, there's no Iron Maiden logo anywhere and the box itself of course doesn't fit anywhere. The track listing is glued onto the back of the case. The extra content is also nothing special - from the exclusive advertised stuff the only exclusive thing is the band interview (Mission Debrief) you get to watch online. And I bet it's available on download sites anyway. There's also the second part of the flash game, but it's a mediocre product. The director's cut of the video for TFF has been around for ages and is freely available to everyone, as are the advertised wallpapers.

If you're wondering what to buy, get the standard edition, at least it will fit in the cd rack and you'll save a few dollars/euros/pounds.
I bought the Special/Mission Edition and I pretty much agree with what you said, I would rather have paid an extra $5 to $10 for the special edition if it were truly special versus an extra $2 for minimal extras that need to be viewed over the internet and not so hot packaging.

I'm not the best at technical stuff, how does one save the Mission Debrief to one's computer?  :blush:

I used Firefox 3.6 and installed a plugin named Fast Video Download (FVD) to it. Then I went to the bonus page/videos/Mission Debrief and then clicked FVD icon - menu showed allowing me to download a FLV file with the interview.

The Interview is now on youtube, from what I have seen of it, it's not as in-depth as the aMoLaD interviews

Hottysmiff said:
I'm not the best at technical stuff, how does one save the Mission Debrief to one's computer?  :blush:

If you use Internet Explorer do the following:

Go to the bonus page and watch the video. Then click on 'tools' at top of page. Then 'internet options', then the 'settings' tab, then 'view files' tab. Scroll down the list and look for the FLV file (called 'Mission debrief' and probably near bottom of list). Then simply right click mouse over the 'Mission Debrief' part of name, click 'copy'. Go to your Documents and right click 'Paste' and the file will save to your documents, with no need to go on line again.

You'll need a Flash Video (FLV) player to watch it unless you have software to convert to another format.
I use Irfanview, which is a free player and recommended by most. You can download it here:
http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Hope this helps. :)

Archer18 said:
The Interview is now on youtube, from what I have seen of it, it's not as in-depth as the aMoLaD interviews

Excellent! Thanks!

Finally I can see this.

edit: I thought the part with Adrian was very in depth. I like that public honesty. He admits that it can be tough, and that he fought as hard as he could to get it his way, but in the end he isn't the producer.

Back