Fictional albums or bands

Artist: Mönströsity (fictional)
Album title: Frankenstein (nineteenth album)

View attachment 28027

Single: The Thing that Would Not Die

View attachment 28028

There are some interesting takes like Big Brother or Frankenstein as tree Eddie (scream your lungs out is genius) but I don’t find it to be a successful series.

Too many similar icons, i.e around sea theme or one word titles.

I would expect to see a further distinguishing of versions. First take of Scream your lungs out is genius but then you post again same title, different picture without add a serial number or anything.

One more thing. Since this is an imagination exercise work more on the stories themselves. I.e. find the details that happened during creation of the album the line ip changes the intrigues, a rating like 7th one do.

When crafting a story the first person one wants to satisfy is oneself.
One needs to create details that he wouldn’t even bother to speak but they are there in one’s mind providing a background and contribute to a lively and image capturing story! Remember Reservoir Dogs?

The thing with Frankenstein - AI recognizes this character so you can create sense of album covers continuity (like Eddie). I agree that many icons are similar. Myself, I liked I am the storm 'second album cover' so, the sea theme returned big time at the end :) Also agree about 'more details, background story is needed'. Imo, AI website is little bit downgraded at the time, we will see.

Yes, not necessarily for the images, I have no an idea* how to achieve that but for the sake of intriguing yours and our imagination!

*Maybe you could achieve better images details by layering them. You have 2 -3 layers of background mixed in Photoshop or whatever program you use, then you do 1 -2 to add character(s) remove character(s)' background and paste them into the layered background.

Artist: Sonata Arctica
Album title: Winter Solstice

View attachment 27902

As a Sonata Arctica fan (I guess it's bit of a guilty pleasure band for me, cheesy as fuck, yet I love their bright and crispy, yet melancholic soundscapes and great melodies) I'd found that rather plausible if it was either more comic book-y or more... eh, CGI.

As it is, it actually looks like the covers and imagery of their albums Silence (2001,) The Days of Grays (2009) and Talviyö (2019, which also translates as "Winter night") were thrown into a blender, so yeah, not too far-off at all!

Artist: Iron Maiden
Album title: Eternity's End
Release date: 1990
Style: modern metal
Rating: Masterpiece

IRON0149A.jpg

Back cover

IRON0150.jpg

⭐

...Alternative timeline. Steve did not rejected Adrian's wish to continue Maiden's music in more progressive direction, like Seventh son was. Recording sessions did take place in winter of 1989 in England. Notable fact: band spent six months studio. On off days boys visited Iceland and Greenland. Those trips were arranged by Rod Smalwood. To cool heads and steamy arguments (there were some disagreements in studio) and to gather new experiences. Such approach resulted in a majestic Eternity's End. Production wise album is a mix between Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Piece of Mind albums.
Tracklisting:

Intro: There's no Beginning 0:48
1. A Light in the Dark 5:45 (Dickinson / Smith)
2. Stardust 4:58 (Smith)
3. Aeons of Creation 6:44 (Harris / Murray)
4. Through Space and Time 5:01 (Smith / Harris / Dickinson)
5. Creatures of Light and Darkness 6:36 (Dickinson)

6. Door into Summer 5:09 (Smith / Dickinson)
7. Soulprison 4:46 (Murray / Harris)
8. No Prayer for the Dying 4:23 (Harris)
9. Eternity's End 12:53 (Harris)
Outro: The End? 1:09

First single cover

IRON0151.jpg

Back cover

IRON0152.jpg

Second single cover

IRON0155.jpg

Back cover

IRON0154.jpg

Last edited:
Artist: Skull
Album title: Pyramind
Release date: 1985
Style: thrash metal
Rating: 3.5/5

1.jpg

Four guys from Poland were so impressed by Iron Maiden's Poweslave album and subsequent visit Behind the Iron Curtain that they've decided to form a band and vowed to write songs about pyramids, pharaoh's, Egypt and so on. And they succeeded in doing so.

Last edited:
Album title: Slave to the Power of Death
Release date: 1993
Rating: 5/5

5.jpg

⭐

Last edited:
Album title: Ra
Release date: 1995
Rating: Masterpiece

6.jpg

After release of their most technical and successful album Ra, all four band members went to Egypt. To explore pyramids, Sphinx and the desert. They went missing and were never found.

Last edited:
Artist: Great Ape (fictional)
Album title: Hominidae (debut album)
Release date: 1969
Style: progressive rock
Rating: 2/5

01.jpg

Last edited:
Artist: Great Ape (fictional)
Album title: Thought Patterns
Release date: 1970
Style: progressive rock