Fictional albums or bands

So, I finally got my hands on the new Edguy album, "On Cloud Nine," and I just had to share my thoughts. As a long-time fan who’s been a bit let down by their recent stuff, I was really hoping this album would bring back that old Edguy magic. And guess what? It kind of does!

The album has ten songs, and while not all of them are hits, there are definitely some gems that remind me why I fell in love with Edguy in the first place. Tobias Sammet’s voice is still incredible, and there are moments where the guitars and drums just rock like the good old days. The opening track really kicks things off with a bang, and there are a few others that had me tapping my feet and nodding my head.

Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s not a perfect album. Some of the songs feel a bit like filler, and there are a couple of cheesy lyrics that made me cringe a bit. But hey, even Abraham Lincoln had some bad days, right? Tobias Sammet is like the Abraham Lincoln of metal – always trying to free us from the tyranny of bad music! Okay, maybe that comparison is a bit of a stretch, but you get what I mean.

Overall, "On Cloud Nine" is a step in the right direction for Edguy. It’s not quite the masterpiece I was hoping for, but it’s definitely better than their last few albums. If you’ve been disappointed lately, give this one a try. It’s got some good stuff that will make you remember why you became a fan in the first place. Here's to hoping their next album takes it even further!

Rock on, Edguy!

I just finished listening to Overkill’s new album, "The Call of Cthulhu," and I have to say, it’s the most mind-blowing, original thrash album I’ve ever heard! I mean, who else could come up with a concept as unique as Cthulhu and blend it with thrash metal so perfectly? Overkill has done it again with this 13-track masterpiece!

From the very first song, you can tell this album is going to be something special. The guitars are shredding, the drums are pounding, and Bobby Blitz’s vocals are on fire! Every track takes you deeper into this crazy, creepy world of Cthulhu, and it’s just so fresh and exciting. I’ve never heard anything like it!

Tracks like "Awakening of the Ancient One" and "Tentacles of Terror" are pure thrash gold. The riffs are insane, and the solos just melt your face off. I don’t know how they do it, but Overkill always manages to stay ahead of the game and keep things feeling new. And that song "Under the Dark Sea"? Absolutely epic. It’s like they’re painting a picture with their music, and I’m all in.

What really blows my mind is how they took this obscure, never-before-used theme of Cthulhu and made it their own. I mean, who even knew about Cthulhu before this album? It’s such a fresh idea, and Overkill totally nailed it. These guys are true pioneers, always pushing the boundaries and coming up with new, creative ideas.

I can’t get enough of "The Call of Cthulhu." It’s an instant classic and a must-listen for any thrash fan. Overkill has outdone themselves, and I can’t wait to see what they come up with next. This album proves they’re still the kings of thrash metal, and no one can touch them!

So do yourself a favor and crank up "The Call of Cthulhu." It’s 13 tracks of pure, original thrash brilliance. Hail Overkill!

Back