Fear of The Dark's booklet outside photos?

X-Raphactor

Prowler
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can tell me what is the castle where they took the outside photos for the album. Only the outside castle because the inside looks like a movie sets made for the occasion. Do you know what castle was used for those outside photos of the band ?

Check this photo :

Iron_Maiden-Fear_Of_The_Dark-Interior_Frontal.jpg

Of course I own the CD but it's in my basement somewhere... so if the answer is in.... you know.

Thank you !!!

Up the IronZ'

Raph'

That's really interesting question, man! I was interestested some time ago too. Can someone give an info about that FOTD castle?

I think I read an interview around that time in which the photoshoot was briefly mentioned. Not sure if the location was mentioned, but what I do I remember is that Bruce was said to be ill. And indeed, you can see that. Currently Googling as hell about the location but alas.... hard to find.

Great photos.. looks like an excellent haunted palace:
IRON_MAIDEN_FEAR_OF_THE_DARK_BACK.jpg

Encarte+5.jpg

Hi Arry1985 & Forostar,
Thanks for the comments.
As I said in my original post, I believe the inside was like a movie/TV sets made for the photo and not really the inside of the castle we see from outside. But I might be wrong..
Then the photo with our 5 buddies above here (yours Forostar) shows another castle because the photo I published shows ruins only. So maybe they went to different locations.
Any admin knows the answer??
Everything is falling apart! lol
Have a great day fellaz'

Might be worth looking into the names George Chin and Phil Anstice who did the photography (written in the credits of the album) I'm thinking locations might be the photo shoot locations so that might be the guy to ask/acquire an email address from...I've found a wedding photographer online with the same name , http://phillanstice.com/ ,who knows if it's the same guy and he is just doing wedding photography now? ;) Maybe shoot him a mail...

Illustrations by:

Melvyn Grant
Photography:

George Chin, Phil Anstice
Packaging:

The Complete Works (original 1992 release)
Locations by:

Phil Anstice

I had a good look online when X-Raphactor asked originally; but I couldn't find anything, so didn't reply. I looked at the photographers too, as Sixes suggests; didn't find anything online. Maybe contacting them directly would be the best next option.

It looks like several locations; internally certainly doesn't look like the outside shots. The main building photographed isn't a castle either; just looks like an old abandoned stately home. The external staircase photograph (first photograph in this thread) is maybe somewhere else again, but possibly just an older structure on the same historical site. Personally, I think it's probably somewhere near Barnyard Studios in Sheering, Essex. Going somewhere locally is a totally Steve thing to do.

I think I read an interview around that time in which the photoshoot was briefly mentioned. Not sure if the location was mentioned, but what I do I remember is that Bruce was said to be ill. And indeed, you can see that. Currently Googling as hell about the location but alas.... hard to find.

Great photos.. looks like an excellent haunted palace:
IRON_MAIDEN_FEAR_OF_THE_DARK_BACK.jpg

Encarte+5.jpg

The state of those boots on Bruce! LOL

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you can tell me what is the castle where they took the outside photos for the album. Only the outside castle because the inside looks like a movie sets made for the occasion. Do you know what castle was used for those outside photos of the band ?

Check this photo :

Iron_Maiden-Fear_Of_The_Dark-Interior_Frontal.jpg

Of course I own the CD but it's in my basement somewhere... so if the answer is in.... you know.

Thank you !!!

Up the IronZ'

Raph'
Place is called Carreg Cennen Castle in Trapp. It's in the middle of nowhere in Wales. Greetz from Germany

Back