Fc forum and blaze bayley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never was a Blaze fan. Great guy, bad fit for Maiden, IMO. Most who were/are enjoyed the two albums and likely followed his solo career. That's cool.

Then there seems to be a small segment (and I've encountered a few) who view Blaze in a god-like status. Almost like a cult. Blaze could do no wrong, nothing was ever his fault. If only Maiden downtuned and they did this or they did that or not play Bruce songs Maiden would be awesome and great and huge again....
Yeah, spot on

If my username weren't any indication, I'm a huge Blaze fan. Even so I'm healthily critical of him and think there's a lot you can fault him for in terms of his technique, as well as poor aesthetic choices in some of his albums.

But why all the vitriol in this thread? I didn't realize people cared THIS much, on both sides. Relax. Go take a walk or something. Enjoy life.
Like I’ve said before, I’m not bothered if you like Blaze, or not. It’s of absolutely no consequence to me.
What I’m saying is, if someone doesn’t like something, they then shouldn’t receive abuse and or threats when they say so.

Blaze is a decent guy and I’ve never said no different. It’s just can’t blood sing! lol

…and even though I agree with you 100% on the merits of your argument, having made the same points myself and received the same disproportionate response from Blazeheads (and equivalently with Janick and his fans), this utterly petulant comment makes you look like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum rather than a credible person making a point that deserves attention.
Utterly petulant? Okay, so go down the insult route and call me a spoiled child. Maybe I just don’t appreciate receiving abuse, being swore at and actually threatened.

You are of course, entitled to your opinion

Blaze stepped into an impossible situation and did the best he could.

Bruce is the best and him coming back was the greatest thing ever but I like the Blaze stuff for what it is and appreciate that he helped keep the band going in the dark years.
True. It still doesn’t change the fact that blaze can’t sing. He’ll always have my respect for giving it his best shot.

This has nothing to do with it. It's your attitude that very clearly pisses people off, not what you like or don't like. And I've had enough of this. If you want to talk about Maiden and about what you like or dislike about them, you are more than welcome to do so on this board, and I personally promise you that nobody will give you a wedgie for saying you dislike Blaze.
However, if you want to whine about how mean the meanieheads over at the IMFC forum are, write them an e-mail, go troll their boards or get a fluffy rabbit to talk to. We have nothing to do with this.
I’m not asking you to have anything to do with this. I wonder if the subject matter wasn’t actually blaze’s albums, if you would be so pissed off with me now.

I have mentioned it to the mods on that forum.

All you are is a mod on a forum. In the grand scheme of things your position of power means absolutely nothing to me.

I wasn’t going to bother replying and just let the the thread die out. But, as you’ve given me a bit of lip, I felt compelled to reply.

I’ve seen that the other forum has been brought up in the past, because of their attitude towards anyone who dares to criticise blaze. But, weirdly it’s okay to bitch about Paul Dianno on there.

And as it’s brought up before, I thought it’d be okay to bring it up now and gauge what else has happened by the replies. At no point have I asked anyone on this forum to get involved and take up arms on my behalf. Happy ?

I'd say I enjoy about 50% of the Blaze songs, but some of these are in spite of the man's vocals rather than because of them.

I actually think his more monotone, downcast style suits the brooding, depressed TXF material quite well (Fortunes of War, Judgement of Heaven for instance) but I really find it difficult to listen to some of the VXI tracks. I heard The Clansman with Bruce first on Rock In Rio and on listening to the studio version for the first time, I felt like it was vastly inferior to the live version as it was comparatively devoid of storytelling and emotion.

I've heard some post-Maiden live versions of stuff like Futureal and Lord of the Flies that I've really thought are good, they are delivered in a more raw and powerful style that seems a bit absent from the studio versions.
Yeah, it comes down to personal taste then.
I remember on the dance of death tour at Earl’s Court, they played Lord of the Flies. I thought it come across really well, but there were some fans who bewildered at the song, as some of them just didn’t know it.

I wonder if the subject matter wasn’t actually blaze’s albums, if you would be so pissed off with me now.

I'm tired of punks who only want attention and have nothing of any substance or value to add to the forum, that's why I'm so pissed off with you. I absolutely don't care what you think about Blaze or any other matter, I only care that you're stirring shit here for no other reason than that you're butthurt about what somebody else did to you on some other forum.

I'm tired of punks who only want attention and have nothing of any substance or value to add to the forum, that's why I'm so pissed off with you. I absolutely don't care what you think about Blaze or any other matter, I only care that you're stirring shit here for no other reason than that you're butthurt about what somebody else did to you on some other forum.
So, I’m a punk now? I’m stirring up shit? You don’t care what I think about Blaze? Okay.

But, like all blaze fans, you revert to your default setting and start hurling abuse; which ultimately digresses away from the original points made. The only things you’re focusing on is someone disrespecting your feelings for blaze.

Seriously. What are you getting so pissed off about?

Don’t hurl insults. Just lock the thread and ban me. Simple. Save your feelings

I’m not asking you to have anything to do with this. I wonder if the subject matter wasn’t actually blaze’s albums, if you would be so pissed off with me now.

I have mentioned it to the mods on that forum.

All you are is a mod on a forum. In the grand scheme of things your position of power means absolutely nothing to me.

I wasn’t going to bother replying and just let the the thread die out. But, as you’ve given me a bit of lip, I felt compelled to reply.

I’ve seen that the other forum has been brought up in the past, because of their attitude towards anyone who dares to criticise blaze. But, weirdly it’s okay to bitch about Paul Dianno on there.

Weird how you seem to have trouble getting along with people. A true mystery.

So, I’m a punk now? I’m stirring up shit? You don’t care what I think about Blaze? Okay.

But, like all blaze fans, you revert to your default setting and start hurling abuse; which ultimately digresses away from the original points made. The only things you’re focusing on is someone disrespecting your feelings for blaze.

Seriously. What are you getting so pissed off about?

Don’t hurl insults. Just lock the thread and ban me. Simple. Save your feelings

You know, for someone who's been telling me that I should properly read your posts, you are displaying an astonishing incapability to grasp the very essence of what I'm telling you.

I do not give a shit what you think about anything. This is not about Blaze. Your point was that someone on a different forum pissed you off, you came here to whine and immediately showed an attitude towards others telling you that there's two sides to a story, claiming that your opinion is right, and whatever the fuck else you've been rambling.

I told you that this is not the right place for it, because we are not the IMFC board and cannot answer to what you're telling us, and that people have been annoyed with you. You seem not to understand that this has nothing to do with Blaze or your precious little opinion, but with the way you're behaving here.

I've been trying to nudge you to this understanding with clear words, and since you kept talking back to me and suspecting some sort of personal issue because you think I'm a Blaze fan and I'm offended by your precious little opinion, which I never made any statement about, I lost my patience and called you a punk. Because I think you merely want attention, nothing else, and we have had quite a few people like this recently and at some point you just start treating an attention seeker for what he is. You are not contributing. There is no content in your posts, just you being butthurt about what some other punk on some other forum said or did to you. What we have to do with this and why you are asking questions about these people on this forum, I do not see any explanation for.

And I'm closing this train wreck of a thread and I would like to point out to you that we perfectly welcome critical discussions about Maiden, and we perfectly welcome discussions about why the Blaze years were a downturn for Maiden, and we perfectly welcome people who don't like Blaze, but we do not welcome the crappy attitude that you've been showing in this thread.

If you want to open a thread discussing the Blaze era, exchange opinions, ask why people seem to like it when you don't understand why, and all that: Please do it.

If you want to whine about how somebody stole your ice cream or tell people how your opinion is right or how some mean moderator was being mean to you, just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back