Fc forum and blaze bayley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil2320

Invader
I’ve never rated blaze and I never will. I think that his time in Maiden was a mistake and after what happened in 1999 with the return of Bruce and Adrian, I think that I’m right.

However, if air those views, I get accused of being disrespectful, or unfriendly. Strange place that forum.

If you like blaze, great. But, what’s so wrong about saying I don’t rate the guy?

If Maiden had hired a better singer in the 90s, they might have had more success. Then they wouldn’t have needed to bring Bruce back.

So Blaze played an important role in Maiden history. He performance is responsible for Bruce’s return.

If Maiden had hired a better singer in the 90s, they might have had more success. Then they wouldn’t have needed to bring Bruce back.

So Blaze played an important role in Maiden history. He performance is responsible for Bruce’s return.
Yeah, that’s a good point. But, then, Tony Martin was a great singer with Black Sabbath, and they wasn’t very successful either.

Fine. But that is your opinion. By stating that your opinion is ‘right’ is not the way to go about it.

I like Blaze and I enjoy the albums he did with Maiden. That doesn’t make me right. It’s just my opinion.

If everyone treated each other with respect and didn’t get so worked up about things, the internet would be a better place.

Fine. But that is your opinion. By stating that your opinion is ‘right’ is not the way to go about it.

I like Blaze and I enjoy the albums he did with Maiden. That doesn’t make me right. It’s just my opinion.

If everyone treated each other with respect and didn’t get so worked up about things, the internet would be a better place.
What is the right way to go about it?

An opinion is based on witnessing, or viewing a series of events to an inevitable conclusion.

I, and other fans like me, had heard and seen what Blaze was like as a singer and live performer. He’s tone deaf, never in key and his stage presence is nil, and that was when he was in Wolfsbane.

Things were not going to magically improve just because he joined Maiden. (Go play Look For The Truth and then claim Blaze isn’t tone deaf).

So, I based my opinion on what I’d heard and seen during his time with Wolfsbane. Every musical journalist of note said the same thing: that Blaze was never going to be good enough for Maiden.

Throughout the years of 94 to 98, album sales had bombed. Attendances had seriously dropped and the band had been relegated to an underground act performing in small halls and even clubs.

Furthermore, the events leading up to the dismissal of Blaze Bayley clearly showed that, my opinion, based on what I’d seen before he joined the band, was right - he was never going to be good enough.

The $64,000 is this: “is blaze bayley still in the band?” No.
Why isn’t he still in the band? He wasn’t good enough. Ergo, my opinion of him is right; whether you like that opinion, or not.

The return of Bruce and Adrian reenergised the other guys in the band with better live performances and better music.

Now, if you like the blaze albums and you enjoyed his performances fair enough. I’m not going to try and change your mind.

But, what I don’t understand is this. It seems to me, that a lot of blaze fans would’ve been happy if Bruce and Adrian had never returned and that Maiden would be the equivalent of Saxon now. Is that seriously what you want?

Maiden are now one of the biggest acts in the music industry; even more successful than what they were in the 80’s.

A thread was started on the other forum, which was aimed at “critics of the blaze albums”. I gave my reply and I gave my reasons why I don’t like them. I was then accused of being disrespectful to blaze fans!!

It was reasonable for me to think it couldn’t get anymore ridiculous than that, but I was wrong. One of the blaze fans actually compared Blaze Bayley with Peter Gabriel!! Peter effing Gabriel??!!

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. But, an opinion based on something as daft as that, is based on a delusion and not based on facts! Peter Gabriel??? I still can’t believe someone actually said that.

Bruce and Adrian teamed up with Roy Z and released Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding. Those two albums blew the blaze albums out of the water - and Rod Smallwood knew it.

Is my opinion of Blaze Bayley right? You’re damn fucking right it is! Deal it

Why even post this thread when you’re so sure you’re right? Are you desperately searching for validation ? Just sit on your little tower of righteousness and be quiet
Is that seriously the best you’ve got?

I’m not desperately seeking validation from you, or from anyone.

My little tower of righteousness?

It’s like I said to one of the moderators on the other forum: if you don’t want discussions about blaze, or the blaze era albums, don’t allow the threads to be posted in the first place. I wouldn’t agree with that though. I was making a point.

Differences of opinion will always exist. But, for some bizarre reason, if a maiden fan says he doesn’t like blaze, or that era, he/she is then censored by the forum. Why?

Who the hell are you to tell me I can’t say what I really think of blaze bayley, or any other musician?

They asked a question. I replied. They didn’t like that reply and I got a load of abuse from a bunch of overweight overbearing keyboard warriors. One of them actually threatened me with physical harm if ever seen me lol

How is that okay? How’s that for a little tower of righteousness?

So you didn’t like the other forum so you came here to complain about the other forum and no one cares about your rant and now you’re just ranting more?

I guess it fills the hours but you should maybe consider a hobby

I think this is your problem; you’re not just giving an opinion, you’re being holier than thou about it.
No, not one bit.

My point is, if someone starts a thread about the blaze albums/era, and I give my opinion, it’s then shouted down, because I’ve disrespected the blaze fans?

Why is stating the blatantly obvious being disrespectful? If you think my opinion is wrong, call Rod Smallwood and tell him he’s made a terrible mistake.

Given what’s happened, is my opinion wrong? No. Did the band’s fortunes improve when Bruce and Adrian returned? Yeah. So, how’s that opinion holier than thou?

So you didn’t like the other forum so you came here to complain about the other forum and no one cares about your rant and now you’re just ranting more?

I guess it fills the hours but you should maybe consider a hobby
Cared enough to answer, eh?
I’ve noticed that I’m not the only one who has “complained” about the other forum on here.

Isn’t a forum supposed to be about debate, or discussion? Or, is it really about where no one says anything for months with the exception of asking: what Maiden shirt are you wearing today?”

But, what you’ve done is typical of someone who can’t counter what’s been said, so you resort to a bullshit comment.

But, okay. I’ll leave you guys to your boring forum where you don’t actually say anything

Cared enough to answer, eh?
I’ve noticed that I’m not the only one who has “complained” about the other forum on here.

Isn’t a forum supposed to be about debate, or discussion? Or, is it really about where no one says anything for months with the exception of asking: what Maiden shirt are you wearing today?”

But, what you’ve done is typical of someone who can’t counter what’s been said, so you resort to a bullshit comment.

But, okay. I’ll leave you guys to your boring forum where you don’t actually say anything

I’ll think fondly of thee

Blaze Bayley was fucked out in 1998, around about this time of year 23 years ago. Maybe nobody on there or here want to read the same old arguments from 1995, that must have appeared on both forums about a million times.

Blaze Bayley was fucked out in 1998, around about this time of year 23 years ago. Maybe nobody on there or here want to read the same old arguments from 1995, that must have appeared on both forums about a million times.
Yeah, absolutely. It’s why I said to one of the mods, if you don’t want blaze era discussions, then, lock the thread before they get a chance to start.
All I did was give a reply to a thread about blaze and I got a wall of abuse and threats - yet, I’m the disrespectful one lol

But, yeah. You are right

My point is, if someone starts a thread about the blaze albums/era, and I give my opinion, it’s then shouted down, because I’ve disrespected the blaze fans?

Why is stating the blatantly obvious being disrespectful? If you think my opinion is wrong, call Rod Smallwood and tell him he’s made a terrible mistake.

You made this point, and I think everyone here gets it. The problem is, we're not the IMFC board, their members or their moderators, so we can't answer to this. Sorry.

Bruce being a better singer (and specifically a better singer for Iron Maiden) than Blaze is not synonymous with Blaze being an objectively bad singer and TXF and VXI being terrible albums, which appears to be your view. Lots of fans still enjoy Blaze's performances and the material present on those albums even though they likely prefer the material from the Bruce eras, hence some people might construe you saying Blaze is terrible and that your opinion is the only correct one to be disrespectful.

Having said that, yes, the IMFC forum does seem to bristle at critique of anything Maiden, past, present or future.

You made this point, and I think everyone here gets it. The problem is, we're not the IMFC board, their members or their moderators, so we can't answer to this. Sorry.
This is very true. But, I got you guys talking though, didn’t I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back