Favourite lyrics on TBOS (poll)

What are your favourite lyrics on TBOS? (choose 3)

• If Eternity Should Fail

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Speed Of Light

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • The Great Unknown

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • The Red And The Black

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • When The River Runs Deep

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • The Book Of Souls

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Death Or Glory

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Shadows Of The Valley

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Tears Of A Clown

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • A Man Of Sorrows

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Empire Of The Clouds

Votes: 43 60.6%

• Total voters
Tears of a Clown
Empire of the Clouds
An Man of Sorrows

IESF
Empire of The Clouds.

And Title track. God I'm planning to make an analysis of the title track's lyrics, they're so awesome.

Title track, shadows of the Valley and empire of the clouds. But as far as I'm concerned - all lyrics are awesome.

Really hard to tell. EOTC is my favourite right now. It's a perfectly told story. Nothing more to add in this case. Still need to explore the title track and SoTV. Also this part of TOAC gives me chills:
Life full of fun where did it go
We saw the sadness in his eyes
It came as no surprise
And now of course we'll never know

Simple but hits me good.
IESF is also amazing, lots of biblical references, Bruce did a great job on choosing those words. And I'm digging more and more into TGU and TMOS. DOG has pretty good (though very straightforward) lyrics as well. I know some people don't like the "kill to quench my thirst" vibe, but isn't that a song about the Red Baron? And he's said things like:
"One can become enthusiastic over everything. For a time I was delighted with bomb throwing. It gave me a tremendous pleasure to bomb those fellows from above."
So spot on, Bruce.
Wow, I guess I'm gonna need some time to decide. Lots of great lyrics on this album.

Oh wow.. Did not expect my results to be the most popular...
The Book Of Souls
Tears Of A Clown
Empire Of The Clouds

Surprised there aren't more votes for Man of Sorrows. I rarely go crazy over Maiden lyrics, but Steve really nailed that one.

The MoS lyrics are good, come to think of it, maybe the lack of votes is a relfection of how much people listen to/like the song overall.

Gone for Eternity and Empire.

I chose The Book of Souls, Shadows of the Valley, and Empire of the Clouds. The chorus from the title track is definitely my favorite on the album: "Prophecy of sky gods, the sun and moon. Passing of old ways will come true soon. Falling of ages, forest of kings. The search for the truth, the book of souls"
From Shadows of the Valley: "Into the valley of death, fear no evil. We will go forward, no matter the cost. Into the valley of death, follow me now. Bring me your souls and I'll make it our last"
I love Empire of the Clouds! It's definitely my favorite on the album. Currently, it's my second favorite Iron Maiden song, behind Wasted Years!

Voted for Eternity, Book and Shadows, since these are probably my lyrical favourits at the moment.

If Eternity Should Fail, The Great Unknown, Man Of A Sorrows

Back