• Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
top 5 5 SSOASS 4 NPFD  3 AMOLAD 2 POM 1 KILLERS

I voted Piece of Mind, because almost all the songs are awesome (Quest for Fire being the one exception), and it was the first album I bought (along with NotB). Somewhere in Time was close.

Had to go with SIT, I just love the vibe of that album, the synths in the background, the sound of the guitars and really every song sound amazing to me. Also it has my favorite album cover!

A Matter of Life and Death  :rocker:

First Maiden album I encountered, and is my sentimental favourite as well as favourite overall.

The album has a great feel overall and gels together well.

The only song I'm not too fond of is Out of the Shadows but even that is really good.

Amazing tracks include Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day, Benny Breeg, FTGGOG, Lord of Light, and The Legacy.

Which is the majority of them I notice, haha.

I also like the progressive style and the heaviness. The lyrics also stand out, and the music itself is very catchy and melodic, with some epic solos/instrumental sections.

In fact, AMOLAD is so epic and awesome that I have to consciously lower my expectations for The Final Frontier because I know the chances are high they won't outdo themselves. But, having said that, The Final Frontier (song) really impressed me, it had a really bleak quality to it and the vocals were impressive. I'm imagining it will be even better on the album with better sound quality and no sound effects overlayed. And maybe the rest of the album will be completely nuts and blow everyone away... it could happen!  :innocent:

Looking at the poll, I have to say that I'm very happy to see AMOLAD leading. It shows that Maiden gathered a new generation of fans that will guarantee the longevity of the band (I suppose most people voting AMOLAD are new fans).

Jeffmetal said:
Looking at the poll, I have to say that I'm very happy to see AMOLAD leading. It shows that Maiden gathered a new generation of fans that will guarantee the longevity of the band (I suppose most people voting AMOLAD are new fans).
It's joint 2nd with SiT after SSoaSS...

Jeffmetal said:
Didn't notice it. Thanx for pointing it out, but a second spot alongside SIT is an expressive mark.
The fact it beats the so called 'Golden Years' albums is very impressive.

From the newer albums...Brave New World or Dance Of Death.

From the older albums...The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Iron Maiden, or Fear Of The Dark.

Im gonna go with Brave New World on this, simply because its the one and only Maiden album without a single bad song. Heres what i mean:
Iron Maiden: Sanctuary if we are talking about the reissue
Killers: Prodigal Son
# of the Beast: Run to the Hills; I'm not joking :eek:
Piece of Mind: Quest for Fire
Powerslave: The Duellists
SIT: Long Distance Runner
SSOASS: Can I Play With Madness
NPFTD: Public Enema and The Assassin
FOTD: Fugitive, the Apparition, Weekend Warrior
X Factor: Fortunes of War, Look for the Truth, The unbeliever
Virtual XI: When two worlds, Eyes of a stranger
Brave New World: NONE
DOD: Wildest Dreams
AMOLAD: Out of the Shadows

Prodigal Son, The Duellists, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, Fortunes Of War has got be some of the most brilliant Maiden moments. But I agree about Run To The Hills, my least fave on TNOTB.

I probably shouldn't have said bad, besides RTTH and Quest for Fire none of the songs are really bad, but I don't feel like they measure up to the rest of the songs off their respective albums.

Shadows and Loneliness are brilliant though, not to mention Prodigal Son, The Duellists and even Can I Play With Madness?

And QFF has that awesome last note by Dickinson. "Discovery of MAAAAAAN!" That's resonance. One of my favourite Dickinson notes.

Hmm. I don't hear any similarities really, but both of those are some of my favourite songs so whatever.
Loneliness's chorus is the best. :D Ever try jogging with that song on? Matches perfectly.

I think the chorus of Shadows sounds like the chorus of Wasting Love, so thats what i mean.  And jogging + Loneliness does work, i'll give it that. :bigsmile:

I got TLOTLDR on my mp3 player and when it comes on when I'm running, it gets even greater. Ahahahahahahahahah...

It's about time this thread got bumped, with the release of TFF impending.........Anyway, SIT is my favorite and will ALWAYS be.    Just from a pure musicianship/ production standpoint, nothing will ever touch it.  The first two songs alone just destroy.    And the guitarwork, both rhythm and especially solos, are the watermark of Maiden's entire career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back