• A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR SQUAD:
This is the one and only favorite album poll. If anyone starts another one, it will be deleted. Also, please post a reply indicating what your vote was and why! And don't forget that you can also rate the songs individually in the Commentary's Forum (whether you like them or not). Thanks!

PS: Sorry to barge in on Perun's post like this, but I wanted that notice at the top of the thread for all to see... Perun's original post now follows.

=====================================

Obvious, huh? This is perhaps the most popular poll here, and I think it should be there. Here is my own current ranking of Maiden albums (remember, things like these change from time to time):

The X-Factor
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Brave New World
Virtual XI
Piece Of Mind
Dance Of Death
Iron Maiden
Somewhere In Time
The Number Of The Beast
Powerslave
Fear Of The Dark
Killers
No Prayer For The Dying

Powerslave got my vote, although Piece Of Mind would be a tie. The first one hasn't got a single bad song on it, and the second one has to me a sentimental value, as it's the first Maiden album that I actually owned.

I voted for Piece Of Mind. I love all the other albums - well, maybe I only like NPFTD. But POM is the one I keep coming back to as my personal favorite, though I'll admit I do get tired of hearing "The Trooper" at times and sometimes skip that track.

Where Eagles Dare - that drum intro kicks ass, and the grooves freaking rock.
Revelations - This song is just MASSIVE. It will crush any and all unworthy listeners.
Flight Of Icarus - better live, but still heavy. I love Bruce's scream at the end.
Die With Your Boots On - One of my favorites, a great opening riff and sweet chord changes.
The Trooper - Even though I've heard it 10,000 times, it still has superb solos.
Still Life - Maybe my favorite song on the album. Great atmospheric lyrics and syncopated rhythms.
Quest For Fire - Yeah, the first line is silly. But the rhythm rocks.
Sun And Steel - Great chorus melody.
To Tame A Land - One of Steve's best epics. I love the guitar solo section, especially the harmonies at the end.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Dec 29 2004, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Dec 29 2004, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]To Tame A Land - One of Steve's best epics.
[snapback]94887[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Of course! The original melody line was written by Albeniz!

I voted for powerslave because every single song on the album, i really like. It also has Rime, Powerslave and Aces high, all regarded as classics by a lot of maiden fans.

Seventh Son ever was my favorite, but now, it's X-Factor.

I love this album. I think it's a very different album than the others : it's very sad and each time I listen to it - three times this last days - it almost makes me cry. There is NO BAD SONGS and they all have a lot of feeling and power. I think it's their best work, even if it's very far from the classic albums.

Seventh Son, Killers, Somewhere in time and Dance of Death are close...

It was very hard to choose between SSotSS and Iron Maiden, but I chose Iron Maiden becouse i listen to it more often. Most of the songs in Iron Maiden are so.. fun. It always fills me with energy. I mostly listen to it while riding a bike or doing something more.. active, than sitting here, near a computer.

Um... Number of The Beast? Surely! Think of the quality of all of those songs. Hallowed.., Run to the Hills, The Prisoner, NoTB, 22 Acacia Avenue. No contest

I voted for powerslave as everysong starts out blazeing. Piece of Mind, NotB, and Iron Maiden were all very close as well

Very tough choice, as this varies from time to time. Right now it's X-Factor, so I'll have to vote for that.

Tough vote. I'll go for Piece of Mind, as I think that's just an amazing album. Others that come close are X Factor, Powerslave and Brave New World in no particular order and for no particular reason [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . The rest are incredible too, but these are just the ones that come to mind.

It was hard to choose between Brave New World, Piece of mind, The X Factor and Iron Maiden. But Brave New World finally got my vote. I really love all the songs on that album and I listen to it more often than to any other album without getting tired. Also it's the one that got me into Maiden (it might have something to do with that).

hm...Tough.....Brave new World, Piece of Mind, and The X Factor are currently my faves....but im voting Brave new World [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Okay, I added my vote at something like 4 AM, and someone deleted it. Forgot to post. It was 4-freakin'-AM! So I've returned it to its proper point.

I chose Powerslave, because it's the first album I bought. Awesome songs, awesome artwork, amazing feel to the cd.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jan 7 2005, 01:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jan 7 2005, 01:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Okay, I added my vote at something like 4 AM, and someone deleted it.
[snapback]95419[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Someone? (/me looks in the direction of Switzerland)
Yes, one of the mods is currently in full authoritarian mode and watching this thread closely. If you don't post, he is deleting votes. Lurkers beware! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

SMX, weren't you in Switzerland at the time? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back