Favorite Megadeth Album

What is your favorite Megadeth studio album?

• Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • So Far, So Good...So What?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Rust in Peace

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Countdown to Extinction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Youthanasia

• Cryptic Writings

• Risk

• The World Needs A Hero

• The System Has Failed

• United Abominations

• Endgame

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Prowler_108

Trooper
what is your favorite Megadeth album? 'Deth is second behind Maiden as far as bands go, so it would be cool to see what your opinions are.  For me its SFSGSW.  Liar is a top 5 Megadeth song.

Prowler_108 said:
'Deth is second behind Maiden as far as bands go, so it would be cool to see what your opinions are..

I love how you act like that's a fact. ;) (They are super awesome. Certainly in my top 5.)

I think my two favourites are Rust in Peace and The System Has Failed, but I'm really digging Endgame lately, so that.

All great.  The System Has Failed is my second favorite and Rust of course has the greatest thrash song ever (IMO) Holy Wars, so its automatically awesome.  For some reason though SFSGSW has just always been my favorite.  :ok:

I've never liked Metallica (just random shredding in my ears), but I dislike them more because James Hetfield likes to play soccer with puppy heads. :p

Besides, "Crush 'Em" is so classic. :D

It's RIP easily with CTE to follow.
I like Risk too.Are there many songs that are better than Prince Of Darkness ?  :edmetal:

Moonchild33 said:
I've never liked Metallica (just random shredding in my ears), but I dislike them more because James Hetfield likes to play soccer with puppy heads. :p

Besides, "Crush 'Em" is so classic. :D
My sisters walk-up song when she played softball was Crush 'Em, so naturally I have fond memories of it.  :D

1. Rust In Peace
2. Countdown To Extinction
3. Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!
4. Cryptic Writings
5. The World Needs A Hero
6. United Abominations
7. Endgame
8. Risk
9. The System Has Failed
10. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
11. Youthanasia
12. So Far, So Good... So What!

Rust in Peace, no contest. Every track is brilliant. I mean the riffs, the lyrics, Marty Friedman's solos, everything.

I like all of their albums, except Risk. It just isn't Megadeth.

Megadeth is my second favorite band (first is Maiden, of course), and I like most of their albums, except Risk and (don't attack me because of this) So Far, So Good...So What!. Risk is just awful, lyrics are embarassing (I still remember that chorus from The Doctor Is Calling) and music is bad. About SFSGSW: I hate production of this album, drums are awful and guitars are muddy. Also, Dave sounds disinterested, and I think that this is his worst performance on an Megadeth album in terms of vocals.
The best album is (SURPRISE) Rust In Peace.

Get the remixed version.  It's a huge improvement, unlike the others.  And thats not disinterest your hearing, its ANGER.

Far be it from me to judge other folks' personal tastes, and everyone is entitled to prefer another album, but I can't personally make any other choice than Rust in Peace. It's the most consistent album, and really differentiated Megadeth in so many ways from their peers at the time. This differentiation would be completely eradicated with Countdown, which is by no means a bad album, but clearly whatever was unique about Megadeth from thereon forward would pretty much be restricted to Mustaine's voice.

Peace Sells is my runner-up, btw.

Sadly Megadeth happens to have some of the worst remastered albums.
I almost thought I was listening to a different album when I got RIP remastered.Youthanasia remastered was a great disappointment too.
Trying to listen to Addicted to Chaos and while on the original version speakers would explode by the heavy drum intro, on the remaster you listen to someone hitting plastic Coke bottles.
It takes a lot of effort to achieve that, hey Dave?  :down:

Back