Favorite Megadeth Album

What is your favorite Megadeth studio album?

• Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • So Far, So Good...So What?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Rust in Peace

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Countdown to Extinction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Youthanasia

• Cryptic Writings

• Risk

• The World Needs A Hero

• The System Has Failed

• United Abominations

• Endgame

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
@ Cap Moronis: Rust in Peace would probably be my favorite, if it weren't for Five Magics, one of their all time worst IMO.  @ Murder: The only remixing they didn't completely botch would be SFSGSW and KIMB, even though the latter isn't a great album.  The rest were all ruined.

I'm not a huge fan of Five Magics, but it's more of a forget it's playing kinda song, not one I really despise.

SFSGSW is often overlooked, so I commend you for your fine taste.

Cap Maronis said:
I'm not a huge fan of Five Magics, but it's more of a forget it's playing kinda song, not one I really despise.

SFSGSW is often overlooked, so I commend you for your fine taste.
Thank you, and thats kind of what I mean about Five Magics.  :ok:

I'm one of the rare Megadeth fans that feels they have been constantly improving in recent years (ok, let's ignore Risk - it's certainly not better than RIP or CTE). Post-reformation albums, much like Maiden's post-Blaze albums, are my favorites and I find both bands keep getting better and better.

With Megadeth, it's partly due to guitar tones and Dave's vocals. It might just be me, but I find the newer stuff is easier to listen to. Then again, I never liked Nick's drumming on RIP (I respect it, just something about it that I don't really like). Technical aspect of RIP are probably better than the rest, as far as riffs and leads go, but it's not as fun - for me - to listen to. There are definitely some songs on RIP that I really really LOVE but there are a handful I don't like as much. On the more recent stuff, I like all of it (except maybe one song or two on TSHF).

There aren't actually any songs that I actively dislike from Megadeth, except maybe some of KIMB and I think I overplayed PSBWB when I was a kid, so it's not really that I don't like RIP or CTE or whatever, I just like Endgame more. I realize my opinion isn't a popular one, but that's preferences for you.

.....and in the no-brainer stakes the award goes to RIP. They have some damn good albums under their belt, but RIP is head, shoulders, knees and toes above all of them.

Back