Favorite bands

I'd rather suggest Souls Of Black (featuring best Testament song - The Legacy), The Gathering, Dark Roots Of Earth and the re-recording album First Strike Still Deadly. That's basically it when it comes to Testament imo :p

Souls of Black is most boring and bland trash elbum ever, The Gathering is beautiful but not for introduction, Practice and The New Order are great start.

Iron Maiden, Queensrÿche, Rainbow, The Beatles, Metallica, Blaze Bayley, Dio

At least the bands I've listened most to

1. Metallica
2. Iron Maiden
3. W.A.S.P
4. Bon Jovi
5. Joe Satriani
6. Foo Fighters
7. Ozzy Osbourne
8. Tesla
9. Gary Moore
10. Megadeth

The absolute leading 2:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Judas Priest

Candidates for the third place:

3. Midnight Oil / Bad Religion / Black Sabbath / Bruce Dickinson

This is really difficult because I love quite a lot of bands which have some amazing albums but also less interesting albums. Maiden and Priest had a few weaker ones, but the strong ones make up for it, so they easily stand above the other bands. I also love Rush and Helloween but relatively seen, I think The Oils, BR, Bruce and Sabbath had more consistent discographies. Rush and Helloween both had at least 5 lesser albums... and I am tempted to mention many more bands (e.g. 90s Iced Earth is excellent in my book)!

I feel the same. Nr 1 is Iron Maiden and nr 2 is Priest. This is by far and I can't see it ever changing. But nr 3... too hard. I have too many candidates to just pick one. Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Europe, Bruce Dickinson, King Diamond, Crimson Glory etc.

Okay, I've been a member for nearly three years now, so I'll finally confess...

Ever since I was in secondary school, Elton John (though not a "band", but I guess that's irrelevant) is definitely my Top 5 artist. Laugh or don't laugh, I'm serious.

70s Elton John is fantastic. particularly the early to mid 70s stuff. The stuff I've heard from his 80s output has been pretty bad, but perhaps there's some good stuff in there that I've missed. He seemed to get a revival again in the 90s.

Okay, I've been a member for nearly three years now, so I'll finally confess...
This sounds interesting...
Ever since I was in secondary school, Elton John (though not a "band", but I guess that's irrelevant) is definitely my Top 5 artist.
Uh. Anyone who reads the Now Playing thread knows this already, JMG.
Laugh or don't laugh, I'm serious.
More options, please.
Anyone who laughs at Elton John doesn't deserve the right to critique music or performance.
Even joyous laughter?

Back