Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
This might not be my favourite Queensryche song, but it is certainly near the top of the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvgLj8pawGI

Prog metal at its finest, great vocals, great playing and perfectly arranged to evoke the maelstrom of confusion that is Nikki's mind at the end of his journey.
An emotional finale to a masterpiece, in my view one of the best albums ever made.

9. It's a great album closer. And my first Ryche song! Great way to close the album.

Now this is an AMAZING song! In my top 20 of all time and my top 10 vocal performances ever. Also my favourite album closer (not particularly last on the album, but the song I think does the best at closing its album). Easy 10. Extremely emotional song.

'Eyes Of A Stranger' is my favourite Queensryche song. Tate does show his mastery in this song.  (10/10)

Geoff Tate is an incredible vocalist, and he's strutting on this one. Good album, good song, but I think it suffers a bit as a typically overproduced "80's metal album.From the mid to late eighties right into the nineties I went on a real retro trip, listening primarily to music from previous years (with exceptions). I disliked the polished production and the Aqua-Net. When I watched the video for this tune, those days all came rushing back...

Still a cool tune...8.

A 10 for me.  Saw them live 3 weeks ago and they closed with this and it still sounded great.  Tate and Scott still make it like feel like it is in the 80's...

Best thing they've ever done. Is this all that's left of my life before me? Straitjacket memories, sedative highs?

Lyrically this song demolishes anything they've ever done, even on the Mindcrime album. Some of Mindcrime is simplistic, bad corporations, bad government, etc., but this one screams pain, despair, and a twisted life. The amount of emotion conveyed here cannot be understated.

And oh BOY what an ending. The way it builds and builds and then shatters only to start the story again? I've spoken on this forum about my favorite endings - Day in the Life (Beatles) is no. 1 of all time, Clairvoyant is number 2, I'd say that Eyes of a Stranger is No. 3 (and Candlemass' Tales of Creation is No. 4). What an unbelievable end to an emotionally exhausting album.

I prefer Queen Of The Reich, but this one is very good too. I don't like the drum sound at all, though. And lately, I can't really listen to Queensryche without thinking how fucking awful and disgusting they are now. Still - 10/10.

I never can choose between this one and Queen of the Reich as favourite Queensryche song.
Haunting stuff. Not only brilliant by Queensryche standards. Also by music standards in general. Just a few bands can do this stuff.

The lead guitar between 3.24-3.42 raises the hair on my arms as I type this.  :shred:
:notworthy:

One of the best solos in the history of hard rock and metal. (just repeated it 10 times or so)

Man, I'd love to hear Adrian Smith try that part out. It's really his kind of style.

Straight fucking 10.

While I prefer Revolution Calling, it is simply a brilliant cd and this song is no exception. Great choice!

Back