explain your nicks please

It's another one of those forum quirks that pop up once in a while. Any instance of "fonzbear 2000" (without the space) will result in attention_whore being displayed. A bit like typing "the" in a way that some folk do (i.e. the h & e the other way round) will result in something completely different being displayed.

It's possibly a bug in the forum's software.

That was a joke meant to see how much people actually read what they post, Travis. It's been fixed :)

Travis - if you see something odd, think of Mod pranks first before analysing further. :D

Porter Moresby (more often simply called Port) is one of the three main characters in Paul Bowles' novel The Sheltering Sky (the other two are his wife Kit and their annoying follower/friend Tunner) I like Port for some aspects of his personality (his individualism, his willingness to travel) even though he can be hardly described as a "morally sound" person by many people standards. He wants to escape Western society (a desire he shares with his neurotic wife) and wants to immerse himself in a new culture and a new landscape. But I won't say anything else, in case you'd like to read the book (or watch the movie, which by the way has little relation to the book theme-wise).

You already know what "maidenhead" is so I don't need to explain it. 1996 is my birth year. So simple isn't it ?  :bigsmile:

portermoresby said:
Porter Moresby (more often simply called Port) is one of the three main characters in Paul Bowles' novel The Sheltering Sky (the other two are his wife Kit and their annoying follower/friend Tunner) I like Port for some aspects of his personality (his individualism, his willingness to travel) even though he can be hardly described as a "morally sound" person by many people standards. He wants to escape Western society (a desire he shares with his neurotic wife) and wants to immerse himself in a new culture and a new landscape. But I won't say anything else, in case you'd like to read the book (or watch the movie, which by the way has little relation to the book theme-wise).

I was already pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with Port Moresby.

Used Prowler (after Iron Maiden song, of course) until I tried to register to a forum where it was already taken, so I used Night Prowler (after AC/DC song) or NightProwler666 ever since.

maidenhead1996 said:
You already know what "maidenhead" is so I don't need to explain it. 1996 is my birth year. So simple isn't it ?  :bigsmile:
Well, if a maiden fan is a maidenhead, what's a Motörhead fan, a Motörheadhead?

Perun said:
I was already pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with Port Moresby.

Yeah, my nickname and the city are not related. But the fact that Porter gets called and referred to as "Port" or even "Port Moresby" in the book makes me think that such name was chosen to further add to the "remoteness" of the book (the Sahara features prominently in the novel)

Back