European Politics

Croatia joins Greece doing filthy pushbacks. Bastards.

Wanted to post yesterday but did not find English sources.

Most of our Interior forces are guarding the EU border. Apart from basic compassion against people who are being beaten in the forest, I also don't want these cops anywhere around me. Tomorrow they will not have to guard the EU border any longer and they'll return to our cities with that sort of an attitude.

The state wide coppers are, in all probability, complete fucking retards. Local police is OK, they have the community ties. But whenever a task force gets deployed somewhere shit will go down. Their literal task is "repressive measure" and they are happy to engage in it. The misdemeanors that locals would handle with 'come on, let's go down to the station to sign some stuff down and you're home in an hour', turn into beatings, arrests or deaths.

The problem is if someone from Croatia is reading this they could be what the fuck is this guy talking about. It takes being in one of the bigger cities and around big events to witness this behaviour. Football derbies, huge festivals, even political events. When you see police with proper markings indiscriminately bonking people with batons because they found themselves there, you know they're capable of it.

So yes, I do believe fully that what is supposedly happening is actually happening.

But to make it fully clear, our rulers would never ever engage in such a systemic repression without amen from above. Which in this case is the EU and specifically EPP cabal.

Read an editorial about this and I agree: It's time to freeze all EU payments to Poland. Their party line, hand picked supreme court has rule that the EU constitution violates Poland's constitution to set the stage for further transition into an oppressive state and longer term self exit from the union. The EU constitution is not set up to deal this this type of situation as Poland can veto almost all EU repercussions. Why isn't there an ousting clause?

Last edited:
Currently the Polish prime minister is speaking in the parliament.

Just punish these fuckers. Enough with their hypocrite tirades, let them know what is more important.

Last edited:
^ the problem is larger because they have Orban's support and AFAIK punishment from EU needs a consensus of all 'other' members. All it takes is two fucked up governments watching each other's back and we're somewhat helpless.

And the situation with Poland is more complex than judicial differences in human rights issues. The EU court has been clogged with cases against Poland which are tied to economy. One of the cases I found amusing is that EU gave them money for waste disposal, so a lot of German waste ends in Poland which Polish 'businessmen' disposed of by just burning it. What was funny is that wind brought back the shitty smoke into Germany on occasion.

^ the problem is larger because they have Orban's support and AFAIK punishment from EU needs a consensus of all 'other' members. All it takes is two fucked up governments watching each other's back and we're somewhat helpless.

Yes, this is why the EU can't do anything against either governmen.

Let's see. In 2022 we'll know more about this case. Independent judiciary is a clear and vital matter if you ask me. Poland and Hungary can't argue much against this, whatever they've been bleating about.

Let's see. In 2022 we'll know more about this case. Independent judiciary is a clear and vital matter if you ask me. Poland and Hungary can't argue much against this, whatever they've been bleating about.

That's not the point. If the EU wants to punish Poland, it needs a unanimous decision of all other countries, and Hungary will not vote for punishment. There's simply nothing the EU can do as long as it has that rule.

And changing that rule also needs a unanimous decision.

Which is quite a limbo. It seems to be resolvable only with internal changes in those countries, not a good prospect at the moment, but if it eventually happens it will be more sincere than any change of regime influenced from EU pressure.

I have my doubts. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU as we know it was gone by the end of the decade now that the UK has shown how to leave.

• Sad
Reactions: Yax
That's not the point. If the EU wants to punish Poland, it needs a unanimous decision of all other countries, and Hungary will not vote for punishment. There's simply nothing the EU can do as long as it has that rule.

And changing that rule also needs a unanimous decision.
The commission can cancel payments though, over dismantling of democratic institutions.

The EU can't break its own rules to tell a member off for breaking its rules.

Cancel all payments and grants they are allowed to do. Thankfully the commission was granted this option when the members voted on covid related economic relief. It was part of the package and probably with Hungary in mind.

Cancel all payments and grants they are allowed to do. Thankfully the commission was granted this option when the members voted on covid related economic relief.

For this they would need a unanimous vote by all members minus the one that is to be punished. And Hungary is expected to veto, so there will be no unanimous vote.

For this they would need a unanimous vote by all members minus the one that is to be punished. And Hungary is expected to veto, so there will be no unanimous vote.
I read this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...watch-live-meps-debate-eu-poland-legal-crisis:

"All eyes are now on the new budgetary mechanism, which could freeze payments for Poland, the largest recipient of EU funds. The scheme, applicable since January, is based on a complex procedure and exchange of notifications between Brussels and the government suspected of breaching EU law. It could take up to nine months for the European Council to approve the final suspension."

Where do we read that we need an unanymous vote?

Back