European Politics

I saw that .. very odd that he would have access to it .. I guess it depends on what kind of poison it is .. but you would think the guards would be on the lookout for stuff like that
Especially since war criminals have used poison to kill themselves before in modern European history.

The Hague today. Surreal.
On the other hand, it's over, the ICTY. Now our governments will have to find another source of inspiration for spin stories they deploy whenever someone starts asking the real questions, e.g. economy jobs brain drain and the hard stuff.

It is never too soon

24174711_1972154943042214_1985316411939404167_n.jpg

With love from Split 2000

Croatia has 25% VAT which as far as I know, is in 3rd highest bracket in the world (some countries have 30, HUN 27). Net paycheck for border cops is somewhere in the 10-12.000 e/year range. This is Bajakovo checkpoint, between Cro and Srb, therefore one of the EU border crossings. Yes this is no volatile zone, no trouble expected...still outrageous;

blato-stolica-bajakovo625px.jpg

kontejner-bez-grijanja-625px.jpg

"Trast" is one of the biggest and oldest logistical companies around, this is their usual customs-related container office which was probably deprecated. If placed outside of customs zone infrastructure, it'll have no heating...

lunch-paket-policija-625px.jpg

12 hour field ration. Apart from shifts in the wood the cops are mandated to leave for their apartment complex immediately, which they cannot leave for some time because they're on standby duty. The nearest shop is 25km away and once in three days cops can go there to have a proper meal.

No, not really. Not in my opinion, at least. Just about the only thing I would agree with is the idea that they're all pretty much incompetent.

Back